Hello, leave a response, thanks

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by DamianL, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamianL

DamianL New Member

Hi,, I'm new to this forum,,I have always been gifted, with my build,and athleticism,,so the other day i took a video of some punches on my video cam,,,I was going half my complete speed,,and I averaged about 10 full punches a second,,so I'm curious how fast others can do,,and upon further thinking,,I've decided to learn every style,,which is a lot of reading and learning, but since in the human frame there is so much similarity,,I feel confident with it, so leave a reply to this , so i can learn further, thanks.

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

You won't learn much about application and practice of any MA by reading, try and find a style that suits you and practice. And instead of learning every style get good at one and people might respect you. Are you sure you are 24 you seem younger by your attitude?

3. pj_goober

pj_goober Valued Member

10 punches a second? at half speed? are you suggesting you can puch 20 times a second or have i misunderstood you?

are you from Krypton?

4. Soni

Soni Valued Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  5. Handsup

Handsup New Member

10 punches a second?.....sheesh...i think thats tremendous...

at HLAF speed ?.....what can i say ...incredible....

what type of punches? shadow boxing like a boxer?...

but still....10 punches a second?.....

what can i say dude....ur very quick

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

amazing....

7. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

It would be more amazing if he posted the video and let us see the evidence.

until then...... yeah...right.!

welcome to the forum.

8. DamianL

DamianL New Member

Video evidence,,

hi,,maybe 10 a second was an over statement,,maybe not,, I was proud at first,,but I think Jet Li and Bruce Li can punch a lot quicker,,, thats where I'm curious about the diffrence on video..like if motion blur is cheating,,

to be honest,,,it went to fast for me to count,, but,,when i did it i was tired,,and my arm felt like it was dragging,,it felt really heavy,,still check for yourself, and say what you think,,

http://media.putfile.com/puncheshalfmaxspeed

there I think thats right,,I've never put a hyper link to anything so I don't know,,but there it is.

9. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Only 10 punches a sec? pfft...

I've got proof of myself doing 15 a second at 1/4 speed
    haha

man i dont mean to flame ya but generally your first post shouldn't be about how great you are

But yeah, all else aside, welcome to MAP

10. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

11. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

http://x700.putfile.com/videos/a4-25207352963.avi

heres a direct link that works.

1. you study MA from a book? if you went to a mechanic who had never done a hands on course or worked on a car before would you let him fix your car? no? same deal here. reading a book won't teach you jack. as for that vid, try showing the version where you didnt artificially speed up that first flurry. its really glaringly obvious. you might want to go to a boxing gym and learn how to throw a punch as well.

12. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Ikken you know I don't think it was artificially sped up??? the distortion looked like it was due to the low quality of the clip giving it that blur effect????

13. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

Try actually punching something as well, like a heavy bag, or a set of hook pads, and like Ikken said, learn to punch.

Maybe we could set you up against MAP's resident fast puncher MMM for the fastest hands award. :D

14. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

I just saw the vid... those arn't what i call punches, i thought u did real ones on a bag or something.. guess not.

anyone can wave their arms around a million miles and hour :p

Man i hope you dont get into a fight any time soon, those punches wont do much

15. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

Nah its sped up Spooky

16. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

i was going off the way his head suddenly sped up at several points but yeah, its hard to tell with such horrible distortion.

17. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Agreed. Distortion and speeding up do not make up for lack of skill. Get to a gym, and preferably one not associated with ManabiMasho.

Why do people insist on coming on here with these silly claims about punching?

18. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Well one way to find out....

Not calling you out here dude but....

to prove that its not sped up, do it in front of something moving as well so we have a comparison. Eg. The television that has something on like a movie or Drama series where its people talking away n such.

Oh and there are ways of knowing if its done via split screen/picture on picture.

Or punch away at a punching bag. (there is a difference between punching at 10x per sec and touching 10x per sec)

19. DamianL

DamianL New Member

ok

It's not sped up,,and those are real punches,,, If i hit someone they would fall..I guess it goes so fast you cannot tell,,that the arm goes all the way back

anyway,,everynow and then I used to throw a punch,,but after 5, my handd would be red and feel like it is burning,,I guess I throw it that fast,,that it just does that,,

hmm,,well the video is distorted,,thats coz the space only 10 mb is allowed,,on putspace,,and on the original video there is only blurring,,so i took away the blurring and that is what was left,,any way since you think I sped it up,,thats a compliment.

I'll try put a picture below of a punch and you tell me if it's sped up..um yeah thanks, thats all...if others want to show their speed thats cool! I look forward to seeing.

oh,,if i sped it up,,i would have to be moving my hands slow at the start,,and then when it goes fast I would have to move my hands as fast as at the start normally,,,and then speed it up,,and that would look wrong,, still I'm flattered you thought so,,and for those who want to tellme I cannot punch,,while I'm interested in learning,,I put up some fotos,in the original,,full video,,those are fotos,,before I removed the blur. thanks.

the fotos are in the same link,,on the previous page just click images..

thats the proof since you asked for it.

20. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yeah thats because you throw your fists like a handicap. spin around in a circle with your hands out and the same thing happens. learn to punch properly and it doesnt. funny that.

well like someone said before it would be easy to show, do it in front of a tv or something where it would be easy to see if it was sped up.

hint- pictures dont move.

hmm, maybe you are some kind of idiot savant who can punch rapid fire. because going from this speeding up a video might be above your abilities.

uh where?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.