Hello from the North East England!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by LetsGetItOn, Jun 29, 2009.

1. LetsGetItOn

LetsGetItOn Valued Member

My name is David and i have trained in freestyle karate and kickboxing on and off for 12 years.

Just got back into training after a lengthy lay off brought about by the discovery of the Nightlife. (it's so bad for you!) Looking to get back into shape and pick up where i left off.

Currently a 1st Dan, though i do not train for grades anymore, only fitness and the love of the sport.

Possibly looking at getting into Kickboxing Promotion at some point, so very keen to hear from other promoters, coaches, fighters, associations, governing body reps, etc, etc...

Well that's me. Anyone want any info just let me know. Look forward to chatting with you peeps.

Stay Safe.

2. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Welcome to MAP!! I also train freestyle karate, who do you train with?

3. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Welcome mate! :)

4. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Welcome to MAP :D

5. LetsGetItOn

Hi GB,

Started training in Jintian-do Freestyle as a young lad. Subsequently the name changed to Taisudo, then was closed. Now training with one of the old Taisudo lot in his organisation (TKO Kickboxing) in Wallsend. Good little club. The Instructor Ben is a really good, and a nice lad. I still do a little personal training with a few mates in grappling and reality type stuff.

Where bouts you training?

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Welcome to MAP, David :)

7. EmptyHandGuy

Now thats a coincidence!! I trained in Tukido, then, dabbled in jintian-do and now am back training again in Northern Freestyle(which formed after jintian do disappeared) with my daughter. Also do eskrima but the karate class is just in the next gym to your class at burnside school!

8. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hiya David, Welcome to MAP. :)

9. LetsGetItOn

Ha, small World mate.
    Yeah, i trained under Rob Alnwick's Jintian-Do (him and Ray Bilcliff had a disagreement) who then formed Taisudo. When i left that to explore the bigg market (ha) it closed down. Left for about 10+ years then seen a poster with a few of the old lads i trained with on so decided to re-train again. Getting the love for it again, too, but it's a hell of a lot harder now i've grown a gut and piled on the pounds!!!

I take it our 'styles' are very similar then? Rob Alnwich actually trained unger Hock Aun Teh's Tukido before setting out on his own - He went from a big association to a few clubs, then nothing. Shame really, but it's common place these days.

10. nudzyndonna

nudzyndonna New Member

jin tiando

HI GUYS, WAS LOOKING FOR MORE INFO ON THE OLD JINTIANDO CLUBS ON GOOGLE AND IT BROUGHT ME HERE. I TRAINED IN SEATON SLUICE UNDER BARNEY YOUNG AND A COUPLE OF OTHER INSTRUCTORS AT THAT TIME (EARLY 90'S) I REACHED FIRST DAN BLACK BELT, THEN THEY STOPPED THE CLASSES IN THE VILLAGE AND AT THAT TIME I WAS UNABLE TO TRAVEL TO ANY OF THE OTHER PLACES TO TRAIN AS THEY WERE TOO FAR AWAY. I HAVE SINCE THAT TIME KEPT UP PRACTICING THE ART HOWEVER TO NO WHERE NEAR THE STANDARD AS I WAS USED TO, NOW, SOOO FAR DOWN THE LINE AND HEARING HOW MANY PPL MISS IT I WOULD DEFO BE INTERESTED IN GETTING TOGETHER WITH SOME OLD STUDENTS OF JINTIANDO, TO TRAIN IN THAT ART TO WHICH WE HAVE ALL BEEN TRAIND WITH THE POSSIBILITY TO MAKING A COMBACK WITH IT IF ANYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED NUDGE ME N TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK,
    BEST WISHES TO ALL
    DONNA

11. LetsGetItOn

Hi

As i recall there were two Jintian-Do's (they split from each other) - one was run by Rob Alnwick, the other by Ray Bilcliffe,

I trained in Jintian-Do at the Walker club under Rob Alnwick's Insructors (Kev Cowley).... I think the split between the two Jintian-Do's caused problems as Rob's one renamed to Taisudo Freestyle Karate & Kickboxing. I also hit 1st Dan then trained for 3 years without any interest in progressing up the grades.

There are several similar styles being run by former Jintian-Do / Taisudo coaches now that i know of in Wallsend and South shields.

Another style created i think was Northern Freestyle, though i never trained with them.

12. nudzyndonna

nudzyndonna New Member

northern freestyle

yeah, i trained for a very short time under the northern freestyle rein by barney young after they split from ray bilcliff.
    b really interested in gettingt to know old jintiando students again
    anyone wanting to contact me are free to do so at the following email address
    Removed by mod as per the ToS

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2012
  13. nudzyndonna

nudzyndonna New Member

proflex gym

i used to attend martial arts at whitley bay under the proflex gym above the garage beside b&m taught by a guy by the name of gary hewitt as i recall.
    im not sure if the classes there are still running.

14. EmptyHandGuy

Gary Hewitt did run a gym in North Shields but I think he passed it on to another instructor, don't know what he's doing now. Here's a link to his club website.

15. Instructor_Jon

Instructor_Jon Effectiveness First

16. nudzyndonna

nudzyndonna New Member

link

thanks for the link m8, i didnt realise that gary used to run this place i passed it so many times in the passed and never bothered to go in.
    ive joined my 2 kids into the lil dragons classes at reflex in whitley bay ran by brett and tracy stronock and i have to say they are really enjoying it, its a great place and ran really well

17. nudzyndonna

nudzyndonna New Member

ive been told that Gart Hewitt has gone abroad, dunno where or what to do but id really like to get in touch with him again if anyone knows how to get in touch with him lyk.

18. nudzyndonna

nudzyndonna New Member

does any1 remember the morrison twins? scott and alex and their sister?
    ive tried contacting both steven and barney young through their email addresses on the nfka website but they havent havd the decency to respond to me mail. so much for respect.

19. nudzyndonna

nudzyndonna New Member

hey all, im planning to begin freestyle classes in whitley bay, based on my training of jintiando, if anyone thinks they might be interested in joining please can you let me know. cheers

20. Ceemack

Ceemack New Member

I trained under rob Alnwick, got to 1st Dan in taisudo, miss it loads, trained in northern freestyle for couple of years under robin harder-coulson. Excellent instructor but cramlington is a bit far to travel from Gateshead twice a week.