Hello from Maryland.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Nojon, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Hello everyone,

Just a quick intro..

Im Jon Gillespie, Nidan in the Bujinkan..I have a background in mma/kali/Jkd, Lun Gar gong fu, and some tkd/tsd before that..

I Live in Annapolis, and no:

1. Im not in the military

2. I dont sail.

3. I dont listen to Jimmy Buffett.

There, now we can be friends [doc holiday voice off/]

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Grew up in Annapolis myself. (Well, Severna Park.) I can't sail (embarrassingly, given that I attended Saint Mary's College of Maryland). I'm not military. And I can't stand Jimmy Buffett.

Stuart

Edit: Who did you practice JKD/kali with?

3. Nojon

Well im from Colorado, there were a few different teachers out there...but most recently I did a little Pekiti Tirsia, and mma with "The dojo"/team nightmare guys in Ft. Collins..Ive been in Md about 5 year, been In Bujinkan ever since under Charles Collins..

4. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

Hey, I'm from Maryland too. Spent 4 years in the Navy (wonder if that counts as sailin), definetly counts as military and I love Jimmy Buffet! Welcome to MAP anyway. :)

5. Nojon

Haha!

Since moving here, people ALWAYS ask if im in the military, then if I sail..its just a natural thing to do ask I guess..and the Buffet thing I added in, because you cant go out downtown here, and not here a cover-tune somewhere..(got real old)

And Stuart..you will know the Governor's Cup then..my uncle started it (with another guy)..he went to St. Marys too. :)

6. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Welcome to MAP. Who do you train with? I trained with the Yume Dojo, until I moved to Houston a few years ago. Used to live in Waldorf and La Plata.

7. Nojon

Charles Collins in Columbia area..
    Ive never trained with anyone form the Yume dojo, but have heard good things about quality training there.

8. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Not just top notch training and instruction, but they are the classiest guys I've come across in training. Not just the instructors, but the students too. Nicest bunch of people I've had the pleasure to train with.

And very skilled.

9. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Welcome! I will join all the other Marylanders here and say:

I was NEVER in the military.

I have NEVER been on a boat with a sail.

I DO like Jimmy Buffet (It is a law here in Florida).

I was born in Wash. D.C., raised in Rockville.

10. Nojon

Hey there Stuart,

you know of any kali/arnis/silat guys near Annapolis, I wanted to pm you, but have'nt posted enough to do so.