Hello From Eastern Wa

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Doppelganger, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Doppelganger

Doppelganger New Member

Hello all,

I just thought id introduce myself and give a brief history of my martial art training.

I've been studying martial arts since 1998, actually before that if you count interested and self taught thru books.

I started off with Shoot Fighting, BJJ and Judo then I went to Choy Li Fut kungfu.
    I've dabbled in Yang Tai Chi, Wing Chun, Bagua Chuan and now am at a dojo that teaches Judo, Aikido, BJJ & Kick Boxing (all thru individual instructors) but am currently focusing on aikido thats offered at the Dojo.

I'd say my foundation arts are the mixture of grappling along with my Choy Li Fut Kung Fu with the other arts that I have studied as complimentary arts to my foundation arts.

I chose the aikido as the new art to focus on since I couldn't find a Kung fu school that I wanted to dedicate my time and effort to since I relocated to wa.

As the aikido goes im actually enjoying it quite a bit and do like how it is different then the other arts I've studied as well as complimenting them very well. It looks like I will be focusing on the aikido while still practicing my CLF, WC, YTCC & Bagua forms.

Well thats my brief history of martial arts and I look forward to participating in the threads on this forum.

2. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

Welcome to MAP! Is that WA Washington state or Western Australia?

3. Doppelganger

Doppelganger New Member

Thanks & Sorry about that being a bit vague its Washington state and I originally came from California.

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Welcome to MAP!

Cheers

Dan

5. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Welcome!

6. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

:hat:Welcome Doppleganger! Glad you made it over here!

7. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP! :)

8. Doppelganger

Doppelganger New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome and yes Aaradia I finally made it over here thanks for the recomendation.

9. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome aboard :)

Mitch

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

That's disappointing! I thought there must be a new country called Eastern Wa, and I was excited to learn more about it. :cry:

But welcome to MAP anyway! ;)