Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Master E, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master E

Master E Valued Member

My name is Master E, or Master Ervin, either one will do. I am a black belt master of the martial art Amanekaii and I joined this site with the hopes of finding other martial artists for friend to either discuss techniques, philosophies, and maybe one day background stories. If any of you have any questions about myself I will be a hundred percent willing to answer them and to get to know you all, thanks for your time.

-- Master Ervin

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I haven't heard of the style before. Perhaps you could start by telling us a little about it? Thanks and welcome to MAP.

3. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Welcome to MAP sir...

...Though I have to admit, that you have me (and Google) at a loss here - Care to elaborate on your style?

Regards,

Travess

4. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Beat me to it - Your keyboard Kung Fu is much greater than my own...

Travess

5. Master E

Master E Valued Member

Of Course!

Of course, my apologizes. I should of known that this question would be asked, I'd be glad of course to give you some more insight of the art of Amanekaii. First of all it's really no surprise that you may of never of heard of this art since it's mostly kept secret (by this I only mean that to learn it you must be able to handle many different difficult tasks to show your Master your dedication, so not many others are able to get taught.) Second it's most important to understand that Amanekaii deals with the connection between the use of your mind in order to control your bodily energy as well as learning to use your opponents forcing energy against them (these are all techniques that are controlled by your mental discipline.) Third, as it's seen in many of the arts that the movements and styles were modeled after those animals in the wild life, in Amanekaii the creator spent most of his time in the woods focusing his attention to the elements of Earth, Wind, and the water and by taking some of the basic Karate moves ( Punching technique, knife blocking, back-fist, and the basic kicking techniques.) He spent time to create the basic and advanced forms of Amanekaii as well as the meditative movements which teach the practitioner to focus and use their energy in the way of the natural elements as well as forcing the attackers energy against as another secret weapons. There are other techniques but I'm afraid I'm under the Amanekaii oath to share those with outsiders to the art. There is though only one true Grandmaster known in the entire art, he created it, he never ever thought it would go any farther than him and his children whom he taught. Unfortunately he never got to see what its gone and become as an art form and defense system being as he has passed away. If there's anymore questions about this art or any about myself I am more than glad to share.

-- Master Ervin

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  6. Kave

Kave Lunatic

[​IMG]

7. Master E

Master E Valued Member

....I'm not joking but being serious......

I don't mean that as a joke, to prove yourself even remotely worthy of the Master's time...... it's not really that bad especially for a martial art that doesn't ask for payment......

8. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Wouldn't just continuing to turn up and practice show that?

9. Master E

Master E Valued Member

Possibly

Possibly but there's also a few other variables to consider such as the attention span, how much respect you give, and as well as the issue of proof that you are able to handle the hard/difficult training that you must be able to overcome in order to advance to the next level. Plus, the are parts of the training of Amanekaii that aren't meant to leave the circle of the style's world, only to be shared with the practitioners of the art.

10. Master E

Master E Valued Member

double reassurance is needed to accomplish this

11. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Yeah, no, a competent instructor should be able to command both attention and respect from his pupils without a complicated screening process, if he thinks people will waste his time, he should probably start charging for instruction, it will weed out people who don't want to be there.

12. Master E

Master E Valued Member

Okay

I absolutely hear what your saying, and I respect it with all that I can and on some of your points I agree with much like, a competent master should demand be able to determine who's willing and who isn't but the problem with that is that there's so many people who honestly believe it's there passion right up until it gets hard, Amanekaii's always difficult up until the third degree black belt so we have can't people just coming and going to spread the many wonderful secret techniques and methods taught in Amanekaii until every living soul or else there's nothing special about them. Everyone has a right to come and offer to train under the studies anyone is accepted it's just giving to you to fulfill a few tasks before the true training begins. I do however value your opinions and I am happy about being able to share with you all the art of Amanekaii, I just don't like verbal attacks against the art I've come to love and care for.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  13. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

I don't believe i attacked the art, i questioned the methods of the founder, but you have led me to pose a further question, why is it important that the style remain a secret?

14. Master E

Master E Valued Member

To keep it authentic

Due to the way it's been designed and set up is what I was told, but honestly that made zero sense to me but as I studied I saw the answer lied in history. Multiple styles have started as one thing and have been completely polluted to be something else, in order to keep the art form original and authentic. Sadly it will change slightly due to the way different people observe a movement and interpret it but this keeps the art intact and uncorrupted based on its traditional roots. Again, I would still like to make the case of anyone interested is allowed to learn they just have to follow the way the style has been set up traditionally.

15. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

As long as when they hand out the Kool-Aid you spit

16. Master E

Master E Valued Member

I'll be honest, I do not know what you mean by your statement Sifu Ben

17. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Why does someone have to follow something traditionally? Surely if something works, it works, regardless of how it related to the origins of the art?

18. Master E

Master E Valued Member

Yes, with that I agree. I am not at all saying that it would work, by polluted and corrupted I just mean taken away from traditional roots. The reason why those who study it try so hard to keep it traditional so that we show our respects to that of the Grandmaster as well as his respected family line, why would he of wanted his art to change?

19. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

I assume if he wanted to truly progress as a martial artist and develop himself as both a fighter and person, he would be open to the input of others, as there is no way to know how right or wrong his ancestors were about fighting if he keeps the style free of outside influences, if something is wrong, there is no reason to respect it based on tradition.

20. Master E

Master E Valued Member

Please don't get me wrong qazaqwe, I am enjoying our little discussion and I hope I am answering your questions respectfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.