Hello all!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by DankyKang, Mar 28, 2018.

1. DankyKang

DankyKang New Member

Hello,

Back when I was in high school I was a regular lurker of the forum, and I would post occasionally, although I cant remember the account.

A bit about me, I am 21 now, living in Calgary, Im currently not training in anything although I have a background in Judo and various styles of Karate.

Im interested in getting back into training however, looking at finding a good boxing gym that will work with my admittedly limited schedule this April.

Since I stopped training I got really into skiing, averaging about 30-40 days a season out in Banff, and enjoy taking advantage of all the other things the mountains offer.

Dead_pool, Aegis and Knee Rider like this.
  2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Welcome back! I'm always jealous of anyone who manages to get out on the snow more than me - I'm lucky if I get 6 days a year.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Welcome back! Good luck finding a gym!

4. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Calgary in Canada? I hear tell that HAVOC JKD is quite good! Training Times & Pricing
    It's not boxing, but you might still enjoy it!
    Best of luck

5. DankyKang

DankyKang New Member

Correct me if im wrong, but is that not Hannibals gym? I was talking to him about it several years ago, the biggest problem for me with Havoc is that is it literally on the opposite side of the city from me.

That being said, JKD makes a lot of sense for me based off of what I do for work and the career I intend to take.

6. hewho

hewho Valued Member

It is indeed! Ah that's a shame. Hopefully someone who knows the area will have some suggestions for you!

7. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Welcome to the MAP :D

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You know it moved right?

I am now 7005 18 st SE :)

Dead_pool likes this.
  9. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Welcome back!

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Welcome (back) to MAP!

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

welcome back :)

12. DankyKang

DankyKang New Member

That I didn't know, Ill probably stop by tonight then and take a look at the JKD class.

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No class tonight due to long weekend :)

Friday good for JKd & Kali :)

14. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

welcome (back)