Heijoshin Dojo : Iaido & Tameshigiri

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Dean Winchester, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

What with all the awful stuff out there I thought I'd put something on MAP to put the cosmic balance back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJTQekuACKA&sns=em"]Heijoshin Dojo : Iaido & Tameshigiri - YouTube[/ame]

The gentleman in the clip is Mr Scott Halls, MAP member ScottUK, he is Dojo leader of Heijoshin Dojo holding the ranks of 5th-dan in iai and 2nd-dan in Jodo.

Scott is also a monkasei of Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu kenjutsu under Iwami Toshio Harukatsu, the 11th soke of Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu.

This was done for Black Flag TV to create a showreel for their Shogun high speed cameras.

The premise was that they wanted to shoot some footage with both very slow and fast elements, so it was decided to do an iai waza and a tameshigiri cut or two and then edit them together to make it look like a seamless movement. Scott chose Tsukekomi from Omori-ryu which he had performed for his 5th dan grading.

2. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

just saw Scott post this on facebook, I even shared it =p

Great vid ^__^ especially after seeing the stuff in action at Hyperjapan ^__^

3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Very smooth, very nice vid. Love Iaido as an art. Beautiful.

4. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Cheers Dean. :)

Thanks for the comments, chaps.

5. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Black Flag tv eh? careful Greg Ginn doesnt sue.

6. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

That was some good viewing. Contained a lot of pointers for correct Rei I think.

7. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

They, and you Scott, did a really nice job with that. Very cool!