heavy weights

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by zombiekicker, Nov 14, 2014.

1. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Im a big bloke naturally so dont want aesthetics so should i just keep picking heavy stuff up, pushing heavy stuff and lifting heavy stuff, strength is more what im aiming for, im doing a split shoulders and back, arms, and chest, concentrating on the cardio to lose the beer belly, simple diet too, one decent meal of meat and veg a day, any suggestions to changing this routine up a bit, i sometimes do ultra high reps of 5kg dumbells and ache like hell for a couple of days just to change it up

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

if you want strength, stop doing a bodypart split, and do a strength routine. stronglifts 5x5 is as good a place to start as any, as is mark rippetoe's starting strength (which has a book that is very useful), but there are tons of options available. sorry for short reply but i'm about to start training, myself and am writing on phone whivh is annoying

3. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

thanks, so full body 3 times a week?

4. FusionMMA

FusionMMA New Member

Start focusing on the squat, deadlift and bench press. I really recommend Joe Defranco's stuff for strength training. He has a great split in my opinion and it is so easily modified based on what equipment you have.

5. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Dont starve yourself, when you stop the weight will come back and youll feel horrible. Also its a good Idea to lift for high reps when you want to lose weight, two reasons, first why lift super heavy if your wanting to loose weight, you wont be growing muscles anyway because you are dieting right.

Try timed sets anywhere from one minute to two minutes for three sets, this will be with light weight of course but it will give you muscular endurance like a beast and the weight should really come off. Good luck my friend.

Oh P.S. all the basic exorcises are great but dont neglect shoulder press its very important for that routine I gave you.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014