Health issues

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by mangawill, Jun 28, 2012.

1. mangawill

mangawill Valued Member

2. mangawill

mangawill Valued Member

3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Mangawill, I think your getting confused with some of the responses from others, a large majority of them were not questions directed at you. Of course you are more then welcome to view and add questions/comments to them.

In future, unless a post mentiones your name and/or quotes you directly, its most likely not directed at you.

Just out of curiosity, what city are you based in. Maybe we can recommend some teacher who will teach an internal style but with more emphasis on jibengong which should ideally and in some cases traditionally be done prior to any qigong/neigong.

4. mangawill

mangawill Valued Member

Well i've got someone who can teach me what I want but don't want to do that just a case of if it's safe?

5. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Do you know what style it is?

6. mangawill

mangawill Valued Member

Their is no style i want to learn it's one fixed where you have internal skill or internal power to use in kung fu to defend themselves against attacts to the body then they would attack back doing internal injury or internal damage?

7. mangawill

mangawill Valued Member

It's just the power I want nothing else yet if it's ok to use and learn it step by step with my OCD and paranoid schizophrenia?

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You won't get what you seek - sorry

9. mangawill

mangawill Valued Member

what do you mean?

10. Hannibal

I am referring to this -

There is no mystic power, no magickal ability, just hard work and dedication in a given style

11. mangawill

mangawill Valued Member

In what way do you mean by?: just hard work and dedication in a given style

12. Hannibal

Your original position was Qigong - this is NOT a martial art and will NOT give you combat effectiveness. Hence It is a fair assumption to make you are looking for a short cut to gaining what you think is some wondrous power. You are stating that there is no one style you want to learn, you just want the "power" associated with it.

I am tellling you that (a) this "power" does not exist beyond manifestation of good body mechanics and (b) you have to pick a style and stay with it to manifest the vast majority of those mechanics

Now if that style is Taijiquan, Bagua, Xing-i or any other system (because ultimately they all tend to arrive at a very similar place) you have to apply yourself and train hard. There is no short cut

13. mangawill

mangawill Valued Member

What I mean was internal skill through meditation that's where I got it wrong couldn't describe it then thought you lot would know but like i said someone in my family their masters master taught them some because at that time in China it's a bit complicated to explain Chinese people can understand better. Basically am just wondering does it affect my OCD and paranoid schizophrenia this power does exist but it hard to learn but you still have to do it for a long time to get the results someone in my family told me.

14. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Mangawill, can you name or show us one person who has such abilities so that we can see what you mean?

15. mangawill

mangawill Valued Member

well like said someone in my family his master's master knew it since his master told someone in my family he knew it from another master but didn't learn it properly because he said it wasn't easy learning it not breathing but in words and like i said it's hard to explain into English translation because it can't be translated unless it's Chinese people only. So all i want to know
    does it help with and can I learn it because I have paranoid schizophrenia and OCD?
    Am not lying if it was fake i wouldn't say it in the first place.

16. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Well you know these sort of stories are quite common, but no one ever meets these masters for real. It's mostly folklore and legend. So unless you meet a person who can do these sorts of things, I wouldn't believe it.

17. embra

embra Valued Member

Mystical biopixie plasma toothpaste?

18. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Dude, come on... I thought you of all people would understand :(

Unless you feel it, you won't know what it is. It's something inside you, its like this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPmWfHy97OU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]mega party ))) - YouTube[/ame]

:eek:

19. embra

embra Valued Member

Well 1 problem with Qi Gong and Neigong is that its not easy to know if what is being taught has any legitimacy - it could all be made up like the acid-house (or whatever it is that they are on) dancers in spirit's vid. Some folks Qi Gong I saw a while back was not too unlike this - full of uncoordinated nervous tension.

So for OP, If you want constructive input from folk here, it maybe best to state what qigong you are doing e.g. 8 brocades of silk, 5 animals and any IMA teaching that is getting bundled with. Neigong if offered and valid, is likely to be specific to a family/style and associated teaching.

We did have a thread about this a while back, where it was given a reasonable sober analysis. Can't quite remember the thread name.

20. mangawill

mangawill Valued Member

well if you don't believe it it's up to you but the truth is someone in my family learnt kung fu before and his Master who was Chinese same as my family Chinese which the person in my family is the oldest and his master said his master knew what to do and learnt it, my family member, was told by his Kung Fu Master and it was real my family member heard from his own Master didn't wanted to learn since he had only one master who knew it told my family member. Wouldn't lie to my family member his master because why would he doesn't get anything out of it but he knew those ways or words on how to learn it but my family member master said not to learn it himself, because if you learn it wrong something bad will happen not like qi-gong psychotic reaction or have an illness(s) but would lose control of himself since he learnt it wrong without the masters guidance like i said it's hard to understand if translated into English and a bit complicated

Thank you everyone who has tried to help me at least just needed some information about it even though i said it if it can cure or help me fully recover or at least recover or cope better that's why i asked this message to get the
    answers to it. Sorry don't mean to be rude if i type this way since am in a different country.