Heading to America

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by SteelyPhil, Feb 29, 2008.

1. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

In a couple weeks (21st of March - 6th of April) and I need to fill some time. I only have a bit of shooting to do so far. As i'm too young to drink/gamble I figured i'd try and get some MA practice america style.
    So I'm going to Florida (disney land is in florida right? not staying there but that's about all I can think of for the location) and Las Vegas (staying in the Stratosphere?) and i was wondering if anybody would like to reccommend any day training sessions or places I should stop for a visit while i'm over there. I've got a week in both locations.
    Thanks in advance.

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Welcome sir! Disney WORLD is in Florida and Disney LAND is in California.

Of course Vegas is in hell! ;) :D

3. SifuJason

SifuJason Valued Member

Vegas has Randy Couture's camp. That would always be worth it.

4. SteelyPhil

There's two???? I'm deeply confused, I think i'm Florida'ing, might have to check that lol.

5. WalkingThePath

WalkingThePath www.gplus.to/jayboyle

Depending on your style, there are some absolutely amazing TKD schools in Miami, under Master Steiner, and Vegas is home to Master Kong, an original student of Gen. Choi, and one hell of a MAist!

6. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

Lotsa a MMA in Vegas. What are you looking for in particular?

7. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

Yep. I've never been there, but from what I understand, Disney World, as the name implies, is much larger, and filled with miniature parodies of Europe.

8. SteelyPhil

I'm not really looking for anything. Might hit an MMA gym up for a session or anything really. I was just looking for general advice about what might be worth a drop in.
    My family are gonna be off doing other hobbies and i'll be left with little to do really.

9. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

im guessing you'll be at disneyland california... florida's too far from vegas.

10. bulkathos72

bulkathos72 Valued Member

lol Los Angeles. There is a load of stuff there. Not just Disney Land. I head there for vacation. I enjoyed it more there then Hawaii or Florida. I have never been to New york so I have no clue on that.