Headgear as mandatory equipment

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by M Lambert, Mar 17, 2006.

1. James_ECKA

James_ECKA New Member

Re

Ironic in that,

At my kickboxing club none of us wear them for training but we do in competitions,

At my Muay Thai club every one seems to wear them for training but obviously not for fights hehe.

:)

I find them a complete pain in the backside to be honest, but I completely see the sense in them.

2. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

why not post the kind of headgear and even a photo ,this is what i wear from matt blake

Attached Files:

3. Gaz_1969

Gaz_1969 New Member

It's optional in our club, although the instructor insists that "newbies" wear headgear.

Personally I find them irritating. Looking at a video of myself in the National Champs, I spend half my time adjusting the bloody thing because the slightest bit of sweat and it moves around blocking my peripheral vision.

Obviously I see the sense in using them, but they're still annoying. (It's the T Sport one I wear - PKA requirement apparently)

http://www.martialartshop.co.uk/Tsport_martial_art_equipment.htm

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  4. founder5

founder5 Valued Member

Gaz your head guard could be to big if it moves around a lot. I always wear head guard sparring kickboxing but we don't have any protection when we spar with sticks, just control :confused:
    (Gaz look out for some changes at club)

5. The T-sport dipped foam ones are pretty crap to be honest.. any sweat and they slip around, wether or not they are the wrong size. Best thing you can do is get a Top Ten one. Those things are awesome.

6. SPIKE THE RAVEN

SPIKE THE RAVEN Valued Member

.... I agree that headgear can be very annoying , but there have been times i was very glad to have it on ...and yeah , i would say it's a real good idea especially if you're allowed to sweep or do takedowns while sparring ....I ended up buying some boxing headgear as I find it stays where it's supposed to better than the foam-type m.a.gear ...it's very adjustable and wasn't overly pricey , either .

7. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

yep same as above