hayes

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by kouryuu, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

2. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Worked with my iPhone.

3. landofthelost

landofthelost Banned Banned

what's wrong with it?

it's a nice, fun, well made promo created by his students for him.

why pick at it?

4. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

5. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

Because Hayes is a deluded, self-aggrandizing, self-mythologizing clown who has done almost everything he can possibly think of to promote his crappy product and promote himself as the second coming while simultaneously ****ing all over Hatsumi sensei.

That's why.

- Mark Spada

6. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

I was going to say that:evil: but thanks anyway Mark, happy new year to you mate:cool:

7. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

Actually, I was originally going to say that Hayes is the George Lucas of ninjutsu: a clueless, fat white guy who is a legend only in his own mind and a master at ruining things and taking credit for other people's hard work.

Happy new year to you as well, Norm. :cool:

- Mark Spada

8. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

We call him Captain Birdseye here, well i do anyway haha, won't be long before Garth pops up to defend him though:bang:

9. nitflegal

nitflegal Valued Member

The video was a little over the top but what the heck, if his students care enough for him to take the time to put it together, good for them. As to the rest, Hayes-sensei's books and Shadows of Iga festivals introduced me and my wife to the art 2+ decades ago and he has never failed to be generous to me when I've met or trained with him. I've never had a bad experience with him.

Matt

10. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Good for you Matt, honestly, but Hayes thrives on people being gullible, not saying you are though:cool:

11. landofthelost

landofthelost Banned Banned

please donot insult George Lucas. Yes, he is barmey now but he was once a great film maker

12. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Yeah THX rocked!!!

:whistle:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  13. nitflegal

nitflegal Valued Member

Couldn't tell one way or the other. His recommendations to me in training have always been clear and quite helpful. One of the things that I have liked very much about him is he can break down the biomechanics very effectively when I was struggling, being able to say "turn your head slightly this way", "orient your hand slightly THIS way", and so forth.

I look at it this way; I have always found my time at one of his seminars rewarding and useful. If others have trained with him and not found it so, then so be it. Heaven knows there are plenty of respected Bujinkan teachers I've trained with that I have no interest in ever working with again, so everyone is going to have a different set of teachers who click with them.

Matt

14. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

:topic:

Sorry, dude. I've been studying film for nearly two decades. Akira Kurosawa was a great film maker. John Ford was a great film maker. David Lean was a great film maker. Alfred Hitchcock was a great film maker. Ingmar Bergman was a great film maker. Sam Peckinpah was a great film maker. Stanley Kubrick was a great film maker. Francois Truffaut was a great film maker.

George Lucas has never been a great film maker. He deserves credit for creating a spark based on the originality of some of the other directors I mentioned above, particularly Kurosawa.

He also deserves credit for nearly ruining "Star Wars" with what will undoubtedly become a masterclass in exactly how to misuse and abuse the language of film; you may know it as the "prequel trilogy".

To help yourself out I suggest you check out this review of that trilogy here:

http://www.redlettermedia.com/

- Mark Spada

15. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Just looked like your typical tacky marketing to me...nothing more.
    I've seen worse.

16. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

In truth, Lucas's first star wars trilogy was only so good because so many other highly talented scriptwriters gave it a once over and edit. the prequel trilogy was his own doing and his crapness shone through with every line

17. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

I've heard quite a few people tell me the exact same thing in regard to Hayes. However, none of that changes the fact that Hayes can't even demonstrate hicho no kata correctly, which is interesting considering his status as "legend" in the martial arts community.

The problem with falling back on "to each their own" is that it legitimizes and promulgates doing your own thing....before you've even understood the fundamentals of Hatsumi sensei's teachings.

But I suppose that's the essence of the American dream: be your own boss. :rolleyes:

- Mark Spada

18. george rodger

george rodger Valued Member

Do you think his students think that?
    Or perhaps they are all stupid ,want to Be's ?

19. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

No, I don't think that his students think that.

What is the point of your question, George?

- Mark Spada

20. jameswhelan

jameswhelan Valued Member

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if YouTube had its own comment function or something... just thinkin' out loud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.