HAVOC JKD - Now an International organisation!

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Hannibal, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Well as he is being all coy about it I am going to big him up myself - HAVOC JKD has is now an International Brand and the beloved and slightly rascally Simon Sheridan is officially an Instructor in HAVOC JKD and represents me in the UK - I could not be prouder to have him aboard

As the founder of HAVOC JKD I am absolutely meticulous- some would say "obsessed: - with having techniques that have been tested and proven in real encounters. I leave nothing to theory or chance. This approach is even more important when it comes to selecting my instructors. It is my honour and privilege to have Sifu Simon Sheridan represent HAVOC in the UK.

He is a consummate professional and a patient instructor who has taught every level from raw beginners to competitive fighters and they all walk away with increased knowledge.

I heartily endorse him and his training and personally guarantee that he WILL help you reach your own potential

Link removed.

Cry HAVOC!!! And let slip the Dogs of War!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2016
    narcsarge likes this.
  2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Win/win, congrats all :)

narcsarge likes this.
  3. ned

ned Valued Member

Good stuff ,well done Simon !

4. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

When you go to visit your island cousins I expect you to take long boats :D Congrats Simon! :banana:

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Jay and I have been discussing things over the last couple of months and there had been mutterings, but this came out of the blue and I was completely overwhelmed.

First it's a complete honour to be the UK representative for HAVOC JKD and Jay Cooper.

I know some of you have access to one or two HAVOC Facebook pages, but I can tell you there is oh so much more, so to be trusted with Jay's own system isn't something I take lightly.

Lots has happened in the last week or so, including totally updated Facebook page, a new website with links back to Jay's own sites, loads of new friends and contacts, talks with a custom built school's owner about using their facility, discussions with the great Peter Consterdine and even a new student in one of Jay's best friends back here in the UK.

My training has improved over the last couple of years, but being independent from any instructor or association has been hard.

Jay's Team of instructors and students (War Dogs and Trunk Monkeys) have been incredibly welcoming and in the association to which they belong (The Jeet Kune Do Athletic Association) Jay tells me there is such a strong bond and not a single bad apple and it's clear from the videos and discussion they post.

It's so nice to now feel supported and part of a family.

A good end to what has been a rather tough couple of years.

Monkey_Magic and narcsarge like this.
  6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Awesome stuff :D

7. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

^That^

...and ^This^

Congratulations, not only to you Simon but also to Jay, as I am sure the benefits of this collaboration will be a 2-way street.

Travess

8. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Congratulations. That's great. Cheers!

9. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Ladies and Gents I have had the pleasure of training with Simon and his students who have impressed me and I have totally enjoyed the martial arts experience.

I have also had the pleasure of being a keyboard friend of Jay for some time too with a very similar background and approach to training.

I am delighted for all concerned and wish you well in the new venture.

No pressure but a Hannibal input at a MAP seminar sounds like a great plan .

Smurf

Simon likes this.
  10. Simon

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

12. Hannibal

Oh it's just another nutter as per usual......

13. Hannibal

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

There is absolutely no way that's real. You have clearly paid someone to make that video. That was horrific.

15. Hannibal

Oh it's real.....

16. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I feel we should keep that box video safe so we can bring it out every time we need an example of how spotty the quality can be in "JKD".

17. Simon

Haha, excellent. :eek:

18. Hannibal

Whilst I do not disagree JKD has patchy QC....Like do not disagree AT ALL....This particular clown isn't actually trained in JKD with anyone, so it is entirely fair to use it as a bad example

19. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  20. Simon

And now HAVOC Kickboxing.

Hannibal and I are pleased to announce that @Unreal Combat is now part of the HAVOC brand.

He'll run HAVOC Kickboxing (his own club in Nottingham) and will be HAVOC's kickboxing adviser.

querist, Alansmurf, axelb and 3 others like this.