Have you heard of Seiki-Juku?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by thepunisher, Jun 25, 2005.

?

Have you heard of Seiki-Juku Karate, Frank Perry or the UKSKO ?

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

76.5%
  1. Black Belt

Black Belt New Member

I make it 19 counts

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I make 18. I guess it depends how many moves you run together in a count.

Edit: oh yeah, and I don't do seiki juku :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  3. kiritsu

kiritsu Valued Member

If you don't do Seiki Juku Karate how do you know the Kata's are the same maybe you are one short of a full Kata?

4. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Hehe :D

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I don't know that, you might be right. To be honest, I was just chipping in with my 10 cents because I was getting peeved off with work and looking for quick distractions :D

I forgot this was the seiki thread and just answered based on my knowledge of the kata. Then I went back and edited it to say I don't do the same style when I realised.

So, yeah, listen to Black Belt rather than me. As our user names say: he's a black belt, I'm a moose - who would you trust :D

6. kiritsu

kiritsu Valued Member

Don't take it to heart I too am stuck at work and need a distraction maybe I should leave Karate alone for a sec or two and go and find a good woman, thinking about it any woman, not fussed as long as she is not interested in MA's or where is the distraction

7. prowla

prowla Valued Member

I'll see if I can post the moves this evening, and then we'll see what we think is a move...

8. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man New Member

He he he.....

thought you dealt with that rather well at the time.

9. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Yes - it's 19.
    To get the 21, I was splitting the left and right (a) tsuruashi dachi (standing on one leg with one fist on top of the other) and (b) the subsequent yoko geri/uraken zenkutsu dachi with head grab and hiji ate jodan, into two counts (as we do the one in Pinan Ni, so you have to hold the bit on one leg).
    But as we did automatically today and sensei confirmed the whole combination (a+b) to the left is a single count, and likewise to the right.

So Black Belt wins the Mars Bar today! :)

10. Ginga Ninja

Ginga Ninja New Member

To all those in seiki juku karate (and other martial artists) are you aware we have a new website www.seikijukukarate.com which includes our own discussion forum!

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Does that mean I can finally tell you lot to clear off? ;)

:Angel:

12. prowla

prowla Valued Member

:D Thank you for your kind thoughts!

13. kiritsu

kiritsu Valued Member

not in a Million years, we are here to stay :love:

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Noooooooo!!!!! :cry: :bang:

:Angel:

15. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man New Member

You know you will miss us when we're gone.......I think we should stay here in honour of the Punisher.....

16. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Punisher er who?

Oh hold I have this vision coming to me from the other side where the banned ones reside:

Yes there it is hmm lot’s of moaning! Oh dear this person must be in pain er no hold on nothing so traumatic just someone moaning that the world’s against them and yes.. there it is I have it now there a refusal to admit they are wrong yeah that’s it!

Oh and hold on yes there it is, something about no luck with women er and something new now very strong........ I’m getting boxing coming to me something to do with punches……..S does S have any relevance for anyone? Can someone help me here I’m unsure? yes I have something coming to me now, very strong fear anger about this terrible thing that haunts this person, but I don’t understand can somebody help?..................................................................................

……………………………………….What’s a Slipthejab??

:D :D :D

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Thanks for that spooky. Can we get back to the topic - not the fact that punisher was banned? :rolleyes:

18. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Bwah hahahahaaaaa

classic

19. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Your powers are strong spooky :D

20. prowla

prowla Valued Member

My 7 year old took his 4th kyu grading on Sunday.
    He was right in the middle at the front; I think he managed to keep his concentration, and he won a fight, so fingers crossed.
    At the end, Sensei Perry said it was a good grading, apart from the test of holding a wooden pole and jumping over it (but I can't do that at all - I can't even step over it one leg at a time, let alone jump! When I did it for my grading, I decided to give it a try anyway and kicked the damn thing so it flew across the dojo!!!).
    When I was collecting my kid at the end in the interval before the next grading, he was messing about on the floor by the dojo exit, and Sensei Perry had a bit of a laugh about it.