Hatton vs Mayweather!!!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Ad McG, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Topher

Topher allo!

Yeah I agree with the anthem booing.

As for the comments - I presume it was in one of the press conferences just not heard on camera.

2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I think you will find it is only some English who may feel embarrasment!! :D

3. Red Bull

Red Bull Valued Member

I'm thinking half them were football hooligans.

4. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

hey slip, kiss my ass :D

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

:D

6. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

You have a donkey?!?!?!?! :D :p

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Neener neener :D

8. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

He didnt "stick his butt out". It was his way of saying "Mayweather turned his back on me", when Hatton got deducted a point for hitting him... repeats show that he didnt actually hit Mayweather aswell, but hit the rope, and mayweather "turned".
    Hatton was mocking him because mayweather (obviously) stuck with the ref and let people believe it was all Hattons fault and carried on hitting him after he fell through the ropes.

And i dont believe Hatton was wrestling too much for a second. Thats the way he fights, he grabs, he lets go, he stays close, he pummels. The ref was being unfair and pulling him out of his game plan....did you not hear the boos and the commentators calling the ref unfair.

I agree on the booing through the National anthem though. show some respect.

9. slipthejab

1) he did stick his butt out. lol. it was far more of a 'kiss my ass' than it was a 'ref he turned his back on me'.

2) again with the ref making the call about hatton being hit when he was through the ropes... people the ref makes the call from where he is... he doesn't review footage or instant replays and then come back and make a decision... he calls it as he sees it... from where he was it would have looked like Hatton hit Mayweather in the back of the head outside the ropes... watch the footage again... the ref would have had no way to see what we viewers saw because he was opposite the camera.

3) The ref didn't pull Hatton out of his game plan. Are you kidding? Unfair? He's one of the best ref's in the business. Hattons game plan was severely lacking. Very two dimensional. A game plan that wasn't going to work against Mayweather.

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I had a bad feeling that my words would come back to haunt me, but I just couldn't resist the opportunity to wind people up a bit! ;)

11. Topher

Topher allo!

Although he didn't seem to call up Mayweather on the use of his elbows.

12. elektro

elektro Valued Member

That on the other hand is true. I'm sure he would have won had he not used them though, so no need. -1 to Mayweather on that score.

13. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

I just think the whole situation had a big effect on Hattons performance.

I can imagine Ricky watching the fight back on tape and getting really ****ed at how he performed, that he could of and should have done this or that better and maybe could have been more composed.

I know thats the case with most fights, but this one he lost.

But thats why Mayweather is the best, he has it all.

14. slipthejab

Wouldn't have mattered if he did to be honest... Mayweather was ahead on points for most of the fight.... and besides... Hatton kept charging in with a low wide guard and a limited game plan that saw his face eating Mayweather's shoulder for most of the match. Round after round... Mayweather outfought and outthought Hatton round after round.

End of story. Mayweather wins. ;)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  15. SouL

SouL Valued Member

I felt the refree played a bigger role than people thought. After the point was deducted you could feel hatton get angry and become sloppy which you cant do vs a defensive genius like floyd who hits hard with counters. Floyd was the one clinching everytime hatton threw jab hed bend down and tie up under hattons arms. I remmber the commentaor saying he shud be penalised for this. Ther question everyone needs to ask themselfs is it kk to hit to the back of the head when your oppenent is deliberatly turning around as you throw the shot meaning you coudlnt stop it even if you tried?

The backturn was definetly to show his frustration at mayweathers tactics doesnt make sense in any other context.

It did seem that the refree was siding with mayweather althouhg i still think mayweather would win regradless just not so dominant. Very very impressed with mayweathers speed and accuracy as soon as he started teeing off hatton had no answers.

It was good fight not as exciting as the UFC event on that day for me but good fight nontheless.

Anyway I hope Ricky has a couple more fights would hate to see him end his career like this.

16. Topher

Topher allo!

Yeah agreed. He would have still lost.

Just looked a little unfair that he didn't get called on it.

17. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Hatton said he did lose his head a lil bit esp when the point was deducted but unfortunately he was taking sharp right hands the whole fight everytime he was coming in.

Thought it was a good fight tho and Mayweather is superb, was a class act outside the ring aswell.

18. slipthejab

If this had taken place in Britain/England... where would they have held it at? :confused:
    Surely it'd have had just as much of a draw as it did in Vegas.

19. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Hatton probably wouldve had it at the Manchester MEN, but theres the Millenium stadium, O2 arena (think they held the UFC there) plenty of large venues

20. slipthejab

Is bookmaking/organized gambling legal for boxing bouts in the UK? :confused: