Hatton vs Mayweather!!!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Ad McG, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

WoooHOOOO not long now!!! cant wait!!

2. Rossi

Rossi Valued Member

Can't wait! Hatton to win, behind him 100% and he deserves this!

3. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

If Hatton can get in to him in the 1st 2 rounds he's got a good chance. If it goes past that Mayweather will outbox him.

4. twitch_88

twitch_88 Valued Member

on paper mayweather wins every time simply due to his level of skill. But for some reason i just have that gut feeling that hattons gonna do it tonite something about the way he's carrying himself coming into this fight. He seriously needs to win though mayweather needs to be silenced he gives me a headache

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You and me both

6. twitch_88

twitch_88 Valued Member

can't believe i'm saying this but fair play mayweather, fair play :cry:

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

that was a boxing lesson

Ya, that.

The three undercards were so boooring. Then this fight -- wow!! :D That was a good 10 rounds! Going into this fight I did not like Mayweather, on account of his arrogant pompous attitude. But holy cow, he really is the best fighter on the planet. The first few rounds were clearly Hatton's. Then suddenly Mayweather figured out how to beat him. Then he beat him cleanly.

Wow. I am disappointed, but yet not disappointed. I am impressed. I mean, Mayweather hit him with six unanswered crisp clean hard jabs in a row. In one round. Hatton hit him with, um, zero jabs over the entire fight.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  8. Topher

Topher allo!

Agreed.

Very disappointed. Although I have to think most other fighters wouldn't have taken that many of Mayweathers punches like Hatton did. Wow! Thought the ref made some poor decisions in the first few rounds ... not letting the flight flow. I wonder if things would have been different if Hatton didn't get the point deduction? (Btw did the ref think he hit him or what it only for the intent?) It seemed to send Hatton off track... chasing Mayweather as if he was too eager. In any case he was clearly out classed by the end.

Anyone think Hatton should return to junior welterweight or keep going as a welterweight? Either way he deserves the respect for not just wanting to be happy at being the best in his natural class.

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

All in all a class fight. Mayweather decisively the better fighter.
    Smarter, faster and more accurate. Hatton can take a punch... but that only can hold up so long. His straight right was a laser the whole fight. Hatton kept charging in with a wide guard and hitting his chin on Mayweather's shoulder the whole fight. At one point it appeared Hatton didn't really have much of a game plan. Being fit and game doesn't always cut it. Mayweather was slippery as they come. He also showed Hatton he wasn't afraid to fight on the inside. I think Hatton didn't know what to make of that. It put him off his game.

In the end they both turned out be champs Mayweather for giving props to Hatton and being a gracious winner and Hatton for taking the loss graciously and having the humility to find humor in his situation. That takes a big person.

As for the point deduction against Hatton... from the ref's viewpoint it would have looked bad for Hatton. On the replay it shows clearly it wasn't the case. But the ref wouldn't have known that when he made the call. Overall I think it had little effect on the overall outcome of the fight.

Had this fight ended up in a points decision either way... it'd been the sort of fight that would be argued by both sides for years to come. But you can't argue with the KO and the impressive rights that Mayweather was landing. He snapped Hattons head back a fair few times.

All in all one of the best fights I've seen in ages. Absolute ages!!!

The undercard was less than brilliant... Lacy VS Manfredo... z-z-z-z-z-z. Was that all that Lacy could muster?

10. slipthejab

Hatton's got the headache now. :D

11. Moi

NNNNOOOOOOOOO

12. slipthejab

oh yes. :D

13. Moi

It's all a dream. I'm still asleep in bed and Hatton won :p :D

14. slipthejab

Read em and weep.

Putting Hatton on the canvas ads a $20million payday on top of the $50 million he made for beating 'Golden Boy' De La Hoya earlier this year!!!! :eek:

Attached Files:

15. Hiroji

Aww man!

Floyd is just too darn good!

Ricky lost his head in there, also i think when you get nailed by that straight right lead from Mayweather your be thinking "Jesus on a cross! i didn’t see that coming". That’s bound to put a doubt or two in your mind straight away!

The ref was a bit of a joke in the first couple a rounds too.

Hatton needed to step back half a foot and try nail his body, what happened to his body punches? i dont recall one? he was fighting on emotion and just going for the head everytime. Easy for a bum like me to sit here and say that though!!

Hatton took some punches in there, and im glad that he lost the fight the way he did. attacking and fighting, not just plodding on for a points loss. True fighter.

Floyds showed that he is the best for a reason though, what a boxer he is!

16. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Quoted for the truth :D :D :ban:

17. Moi

Ricky, Ricky, Ricky what you doing man?????

18. elektro

elektro Valued Member

I thought Hatton was pretty disappointing tbh, no body shots, no game plan, wild, ran out of ideas by about the 3rd round, looked like he was floundering in there. Completely lost his head it appeared.
    You could see that Floyd pretty quickly decided that he wasn't that much of a threat, when he started engaging Hatton on the inside and playing him at his own game. Looked almost like a bit of a mismatch to me.
    It was actually Floyd that produced the body shots in the end.

Feel a bit sorry for Hatton, but on the other hand he and his supporters have to learn that power and aggression just isn't enough against such a skillful and rounded fighter.

I think Floyd proved that not only is he a top class slickster but also he's capable of hitting much harder than people give him credit for.

WHAT a textbook left hand that initially knocked Hatton down, by the time Floyd had delivered that and simultaneously moved out of the way, Hatton almost had his back to him and was just charging into thin air. Beautiful technique.

I couldn't help thinking before this fight that if Oscar De La Hoya couldn't beat Floyd, then what chance did Hatton have?

19. Hiroji

Yeh sadly i have to agree with everything you say.

Hatton just didnt rise to the task, i think on his day of days he could have matched Floyd, but that night when he was on it was when he fought Koz.

Im my view that was his last great fight, it was his best fight. He was in the zone and no one would have stopped him that night. That took a lot out of him, and if you look since that fight his performances have been on the slide a little imo.

Still a great heart though, the peoples champ.

20. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

Dont be stupid, Hatton was made to look bad because how good mayweather was-Awesome, the best there is no doubt..