Hatton vs Mayweather!!!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Ad McG, Jul 28, 2007.

1. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

was anybody else watching this. Absolute gold!
    It was on Sky Sports News but they had to apologise and eventually go to an ad break when Hatton started talking becaue he kept cursing

He even uttered the immortal words to Mayweather: 'Would you stop touching my dick you puff' when Mayweather wouldn't leave him alone.

He also said: 'I've been away from my 6 year old for a week but fortunately I was in the company of another fukin 6 year old'

He kept throwing the F-word into his sentences.

And mayweather was dancing to hattons fan;s chants!!

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ROTFLMAO!!!

There will be no love lost between these two! :D

3. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

JEEBUS!! I'm so sick of waiting for this fight!

4. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

while i would love for hatton to win.i think mayweather will. this being said it depends on how the odds go if i will bet on who.

for example i thought trinidad would beat hopkins....BUT the odds went 6-1 in titos favor...so while i thought tito was better he was not 6-1 better. and for a 100 dollar bet i placed on hopkins...i won 600.

that being said it will be a said day when mayweather retirers

comedy gold.

1. load mouth braggard boxer....so much of a sterio type hollywood could not do better

2. his dad....a bald head WITH extentions/dreadlocks on the hair part...with some rogain fuzz on the front.......has been kicked out on the street by son

3. his trainer/uncle.....picture if flavor flav became a boxing trainer

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Couldn't be more excited about this one, especially after the mouth has been putting on antics like that!

Hatton FTW :woo: :woo: :woo:

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah to be honest I think the Pavlick VS Taylor fight is going to be far more action packed... but lucky for us boxing fans... it's not an either or option!!!

Mayweather FTW!!! :D

7. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

I've come to like Mayweather now, if you look at him from the right point of view hes comedy +!!

Still hope Vicky lays him out though! that would be something to see!

It's really hard to imagine either fighter ever losing, i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up a draw you know.

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

We've been discussing this at work.
    I call it thus...

Mayweather wins by judge’s decision after shipping some heavy punishment early doors, playing the hit and run game and edging it in the later rounds with tight defence and counter punching as Hatton hunts the big body shot.

So stands my prediction. It will be so.

Although Hatton ripping PBF a new one would be a thing of beauty. :)

9. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Really really looking forward to this!

If i had to bet. I'd go Mayweather, but I'm gonna support Ricky Hatton.

Classic written all over it.

10. Nails

Nails Valued Member

Hatton can handle the trash talk easily, in fact he can match Mayweather with his wit, he will likely get under Mayweathers skin first.

I believe Hattons chances are better than De La Hoya's. He won't just go for the body like everyone expects, that would be stupid. He will hit Mayweather anywhere he can, but likely the arms and hips. This will effect his mobility and his hand speed. Add to this that Hatton works non-stop and Mayweather likes to admire his work. Only a cut to Hatton could ruin the plan.

Every fighter has a bogeyman and Hatton will be Mayweather's.

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Hatton FTW.

A good Brit will beat a good Yank every time.

Well, almost every time. (Ali did beat Cooper because of his cut eyes.)

12. Hiroji

I cant wait for this fight!

I like both fighters, hatton for his down to earth approach and war style!

And Floyd because he is just funny, you have to take him with a pinch of salt! What a great boxer!

But i agree with Johnno, i really do think hatton will take it, if not i could see a draw on the cards who knows!?

13. Topher

Topher allo!

I hope Hatton gives Mayweather a f'n good hiding!

14. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

This fight has me very excited, hats off to De la hoya for putting on the best shows-he's the best promoter around-no doubt.

15. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Hatton, 'cos he can.

16. elektro

elektro Valued Member

I would like to see Hatton win, as he's the underdog, and Floyd is being really silly nowadays with his "fo schizzle" mock gansta stuff.

However - I have to say, after watching a few Floyd vids on youtube, I just can't see how Hatton's gonna actually connect properly, therefore I think if I had to bet money it might have to be on Floyd..... same as cloudhandz.

Floyd to me seems very very good from what I've seen - also I suspect he may hit slightly harder than people think... very imaginative combinations and excellent defence - supreme timing.

But here's hoping on Hatton anyway.... perhaps Floyd may be slightly complacent, giving Hatton the edge he requires?

17. elektro

elektro Valued Member

Personally I think Ali was being silly in that fight - very complacent. I think if he'd been trying properly, he wouldn't have got knocked down by Cooper...
    Although hats off to Cooper he was very good.

18. Hiroji

I know what you mean.

I was watching highlights of Hatton vs Tszyu fight on utube, he got caught alot on the way in, missed with alot of wild punches. I fear Floyd will capitalise on this much more than Tsz as his defense is much better and his hands much faster.

Soon find out though!!

Id love to see Floyd rolling in pain from a Hatton body punch. But May just has the skills.

19. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Heart says Hatton, head says Mayweather
    Hatton only needs to connect clean a couple of times and it could all be over though. Twelve rounds is a long time, so it could happen, but I just see another decision for Mayweather

20. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

I hope Hatton beats Mayweather like a drum. But Mayweather will most likely out box him.