Hatsumi's Togakure Ryu Video

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by sith-smith, May 5, 2004.

1. sith-smith

sith-smith Valued Member

Hi

I've just been lent this video and was wondering if anyone else has seen it.

I've been led to believe that each video on a Ryu is that Ryu's entire system. Is this true?

Also, has hatsumi produced videos on all 9 Ryu? The one I've seen was very interesting.

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

I have it, it a good video. The video is more over an overview of the Togakure Ryu Ninpo. It doesn't have all the technqiues. Its show some techniques, but its more about giving an over all around look at the Ryu and what it is about.

3. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

where do you think you could find them? ive never seen them also- any ideas on price?

4. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

5. sith-smith

sith-smith Valued Member

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way of seeing all the other techniques from the Togakure, other than going to a class?

6. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

ya thanks lots
    :D :D :D

7. sshh

sshh Not Talking Anymore

Togakure ryu

sith-smith: "Is there any way of seeing all the other techniques from the Togakure, other than going to a class?"

I haven't seen the togakure vid yet. I watched the shindenfudo tape once and enjoyed it. I don't know what's on the togakure video, but other sources are the books, Ninjutsu - History and Tradition and Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu Tenchijin. I doubt if there is any one available resource that has all of the ryu in it.
    Still, it's so much more fun to see the techniques and play with them in a class.

8. sith-smith

sith-smith Valued Member

I agree totally, but getting to a class is not always possible sadly. Also the instructor may not be teaching togakure on the nights that I can get to a class.

Anyone have any idea just how big the Togakure system is?

9. sith-smith

sith-smith Valued Member

10. togakure_ninpo

togakure_ninpo New Member

Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu

hello. I have to Togakure Ryu tape. most places you buy it will charge you around $40. The tape doesn't go into all of the Waza in the Ryu, and the ones it does go over, it goes ever very briefly. also, there are 3 Ryu that have not been video taped. from what I understand, these Ryu are not openly taught by Soke Hatsumi as of yet. these would be Kumogakure Ryu, Gyokushin Ryu, and Gikan Ryu. (it's unfortunate that Gyokushin Ryu is in that list, because I would LOVE to learn it). I'd say it's a tape worth buying. it's very imformative, and interesting.