Has anyone attended a Renzo Gracie seminar?

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by greg1075, Apr 11, 2016.

1. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

Icefield. I don't like the man. I admit that my bjj knowledge is limited. I do know a good instructor when I come across one. Perhaps he was having a bad day, I don't know.
    , I paid a ton of loot, and was not the only one dissaponted. It was more of a look at how great I am instead of a learning opportunitiy

In fact it was shortly after that the bjj coach got fed up and separated from clark because it was never worth all the hassle.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  2. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

FWIW Terra gave a seminar at our gym in CT and unfortunately this was one I could not attend. However, my teammates that did go said it was excellent and they got some good things out of it that they were able to add to their game.

Also on a related note some other guys that gave seminars that I did attend were Ollie Geddes, Gary Tonon, Rob Kahn, Francisco Sinistro and Jared Weiner. They were all great but personally I got the most out of Jared Weiner, Rob Kahn and Ollie Geddes.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Ive not trained at a seminar with Renzo teaching, Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttt, I have been at seminars with 3 Renzo Blackbelts who were all great.
    1) Gunnar nelson
    2) Eddie cummings
    3) Garry Tonon.

All had great material, all presented well, and had a few interesting stories to go along with the material. But really all 3's main aim was to teach, focused BJJ to athletes, and not keep the BJJ fan boys happy.

In terms of old school BJJ, John will has amazing stories and very very good seminars, I imagine Renzo will be like that, but with less chuck Norris stories!

4. Klaus7

Klaus7 Map Noob :)

Hmm... what about Roger Gracie..?

5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Renato Laranja is better (gracie and machado family by marriage, at the same time!)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdZc4WDC-s"]Chris Weidman fights Renato Laranja during interview - YouTube[/ame]

6. Klaus7

Klaus7 Map Noob :)

Holy dang! That suplex reminds me of WWE.