Harmonica Players Thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by AndrewTheAndroid, Oct 29, 2015.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I just started playing harmonica and I love it. I was wondering if there are any other harmonica players on here. What harp do you have? Which style do you play? What do you recommend for a beginner? What are you currently trying to master on the harp?

2. Karatebadger

Karatebadger Valued Member

I have a Hohner Pro Harp MS in C, one with ten holes (I'm a real expert at this lark). I can play a few American tunes tolerably well for campfire entertainment but I always wanted to play the theme tune to The Navy Lark, St.Ninians Isle. As yet a decent rendition still eludes me.

I can't bend notes either which is really annoying me.

3. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Used to!

But same with my guitars, bass and banjo...quit playing after I knackered my shoulder wall climbing. I can't hold the harmonica for more than a few minutes before my arm freezes up and I lose all feeling in my arm.

I'm actually gonna try and start playing again next week and see how it goes. The dogs go mad though and start leaping all over me...I guess they want to have a go to. Maybe some shoulder mobility exercises every few minutes of playing will keep the pain away. Gonna try anyway.

I have a C and a D. Marine band.

Train rhythms man....they're the best and a lot of fun. Bending came really fast for me., I guess I was lucky as I don't have a musical bone in my body.

I was actually getting lessons of this young guy who was this up and coming star in the harmonica world. He's won competitions and all sorts. Fantastic player...shame he couldnt teach for toffees!

Got any resources? I've totally forgotten what was good. Adam Gussow from blues band Satan and Adam has a good channel on youtube for lessons.

4. AndrewTheAndroid

Right now I have a book that was written by David Harp. I had to choose his book just on the name alone.

5. AndrewTheAndroid

Eagerly waiting for my new c harp. A Hohner Special 20 C major harp.