Harimau teachers in or around London?

Discussion in 'Silat' started by jungi_fauj, Feb 29, 2012.

1. jungi_fauj

jungi_fauj New Member

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there are any of Richard de Bordes students who are currently active in the art in or around London?

After comparing a number of silat styles;the harimau silat being taught by their group is the most appleaing to me; and im itching to learn!

I am looking for a teacher to learn from but have had problems locating anyone who is still teaching.

All help and advice would be well appreciated.

2. Purespite

Purespite Valued Member

Not sure how far away you are from Leigh-On-Sea, but I think this might be what you're looking for...

http://www.morielsilat.com

3. jungi_fauj

jungi_fauj New Member

Hi purespite,

Thank you for your reply.

I have come across the morielsilat website and it seems good. However, I am unsure of the hybrid system of teaching which involves boxing etc. Has anyone heard of Patrick Graham or trained with him?

I am hopefully going to view a class next week. I will re-post my findings after the visit.

Are there any practitioners in London who have had extensive training with the de bordes group and are still a disciple of that specific area of silat? and who are willing to teach?

I am aware that London was the hub of teaching harimau back in the days and there are some amazing practitioners that came out of club (Paul Bennet, Randolph Carthy etc.)

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Kind thanks in advanced

4. Talion_uk

Talion_uk Valued Member

The website for the DE - BORDES FOUNDATION OF COMBAT SCIENCE is http://www.de-bordes-fcs.com/Home_Page.html

You could try emailing via the contacts page for details of active teachers?

Good luck with your search.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  5. mani adams

mani adams New Member

Hi. Alvin Guinanao is teaching Silat Buka Lingarin in London. He's a student of Steven Benitez but has set out, very successfully, on his own. He has his own site, Silat Buka Lingarin Open Circle, a Facebook page and a Youtube channel under the old Satria banner.

He is not linked to Guro De Bordes but has studied in Indonesia as has his Guro.

ATB;

Mani

6. JayinHK

JayinHK New Member

Guru Alvin's silat is rock solid and I'd love to train with him. I've been in touch. Just a matter of time now. :)

7. glennlobo

glennlobo Valued Member

Best Advice

of all the teachers in london at the moment, Guru Alvin is the best to train with. i've been in silat for 30 years and i would recommend him above all the others.