Hardy vs GSP

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by cloudz, Mar 17, 2010.

1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I was wondering if anyone is giving Hardy much of a chance against GSP. It would be a pretty huge shock if he won it..

Should be a good fight though, Hardy is good value and a good striker.

I think Hardy will try and keep it standing and look for a KO. GSP's wrestling will be too good and he'll take it with some ground and pound.

Anyone else got any predictions ?

2. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

GSP will dominate Hardy. Hardy's only chance is to get a lucky shot in like Matt Serra did. It sounds like GSP has been taking this fight seriously and training with just about everyone in the MMA community. I hope it will be interesting.

3. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Yeah I don't think he's got much hope against GSP. Saying that he's a tough guy with a great chin who is difficult to submit and who has great power in his hands. Someone with that description always has a chance against anyone.

If Georges decides to put on a takedown clinic then I don't see Hardy doing a thing, however if Georges decides to stand with Hardy at the wrong time you never know. It will take a strategic mistake on his part to give Hardy any hope of winning IMHO.

4. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

That's pretty much what I think. Hardy has a puncher's chance, although it's not a puncher's chance that GSP should take lightly.

Best regards,

-Mark

5. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Don't forget Hardy knows Shaolin Kung Fu. HAHAHA!

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

What with GSPs Karate, this fight will be EPIC!

7. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Yep. Pretty much how I see it too.

8. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Co-Founder: Glow-Do

yup

I agree...

I predict a unanimous decision for GSP with at least 2 take-downs per round.

9. TimAlvine

TimAlvine New Member

GSP will dominate Hardy

honestly cant wait for GSP to shut up Dan Hardy.. Dan Hardy is NO competition for GSP … Thiago Alves is a better competitor than Dan Hardy and Alves got his pounded by GSP with a pulled groin. Dan Hardy is a JOKE!!

In depth preview for UFC 111 with predictions, pictures and of course octagon girls @ UFC 111 Preview and Predictions: GSP vs Hardy / Mir vs. Carwin

Mir/Carwin Hardy/GSP is the best card we have seen since UFC 100 (the last time GSP fought) and Hardy is talking lots of trash.
    GSP is a heavy favourite and by all means should dominate YET again.. Carwin and Mir is gonna be ridiculous!! Think Carwin will knock him out? Hard to say, Mir has looked so much better and dominated Kongo but none of Carwins fights have went past 2:30 of round 1.. gonna be amazing!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I predict Hardy will land a knee as GSP shoots in and as GSP takes a step back is dropped by a Hardy left hook.

Or....

GSP will take down Hardy at will and pound him into the floor until the ref stops it in the third.

One I see being *slightly* more likely than the other. :)

11. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

I have a sneaky feeling Hardy is going to do this,dont ask me why! he is certainly young,confident,and as you guys have said hits hard with both hands,he wont fear GSP,so Im going Hardy by KO! Ill probably have to come on here and eat my words on Monday!:)

12. DCombatives

DCombatives Valued Member

If I'm Hardy, I come out, throw a combo to set it up, then shoot for the takedown on GSP. Everyone expects Hardy to try and win on his feet with a knockout, and many feel that's his only chance. I think Hardy's best chance is to surprise GSP, put him on his back, then try and pound it out early. He can't keep Georges on his back, so he'll need to explode once he gets him there. Hardy should run his mouth about using heavy hands to KO Georges, then do the unexpected. If he lets his ego get in the way, GSP beats him up like only an older brother can.

13. Softhand

Softhand Valued Member

GSP wins.

It's a set-up.

14. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

[​IMG]

15. dianhsuhe

Nailed it- "St. Pierre took him down at will, ten times in ten attempts over five rounds." (Yahoo Sports article)

16. dianhsuhe

Solid prediction! LOL

17. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Oh yeah Im rather good at them bro LOL,the bookmakers love me!:)

18. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Well GSP made no mistakes!

Two things surprised me about the fight though, not sure if anyone else noticed them.

1) GSP seemed to lack power in the ground and pound. Don't get me wrong, he hit Hardy with some good shots, but compared to what he did to guys like Mayhem Miller and Serra is just didn't seem his punches had much behind them.

2) Hardy looked the bigger of the two! All this talk of GSP putting on ten pounds of muscle, to me he looked the same as he did against Alves, a little smaller if anything.

Anyone else agree? Or was my tired brain playing tricks on me?

19. The Decay of Meaning

The Decay of Meaning Valued Member

I think you are absolutely right. I was certain I saw a smaller GSP this time. Not compared to Dan Hardy, but compared to GSP's previous fights.

In addition, comparing GSP and Dan Hardy next to each other, it seemed like Dan Hardy was a weight class above him.

Perhaps he lost muscle while trying to make the weight? It happens to bodybuilders all the time; they try too hard to trim down to a certain weight, and as a result they lose a lot of muscle.

Also, why would his corner say he shouldn't try to pass the guard? Was it because Dan Hardy scrambled when being mounted and gave off his back, where he shrugged off GSP? Even if GSP ended up on the back of Dan Hardy 10 times, it would have given Georges the opportunity to submit.

When you pass the guard its harder for the opponent to attack, you can land more powerful punches from the ground... I don't understand the purpose of that advice.
    Thoughts?

20. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Yeah that might have been it. It would be interesting to give GSP six months notice and then see him at 185 against a mid tier fighter.

I didn't understand them telling him not to pass either. He was far more dangerous when he did pass. They said it before a couple of the rounds. I liked how Rogan went from 'Greg Jackson is an excellent tactition' to 'actually I have no idea why he's saying that' in about two minutes!