Hardest workout I've ever done (?)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Cuchulain82, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

Got it. It's all explained at the crossfit faq. Thanks for the info though.

Does anyone do these routines regularly? I clicked around, and it was alittle weird looking at the KIA routines. Those guys are all gone...

@Dao

*cough*cough* ummm... time?

2. flaming

flaming Valued Member

He's still doing it. hehe. or he's clapsed in a puddle of sweat.

3. Cuchulain82

He is in Australia- pull ups probably have an added element of difficulty when you're upside down... ;)

4. Nurofen

Nurofen Valued Member

Don't get me started about how hard it is with drop-bears landing on you too.

5. Cuchulain82

Update

I e-mailed Mark, the guy who runs the site, to say that I really liked the workout. He replied with the following, which I found encouraging:

So, all you little guys (and gals) out there, you really have no excuses now! If a fat dump like me can do it, you should crank it out no problem.

6. Cuchulain82

Did it again

I did the workout again, and this time I brought a pair of gloves. I only made it through 8 rounds again, but it took me 59:30. I only had an hour in the gym today, but I don't know how many more I had in me. It is tremendously taxing mentally. I want to get through all 12 rounds!

7. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

Might give it a shot at 175 or so.

What on earth is a ball slam? On the face of it, don't fancy slamming mine much :eek:

8. Cuchulain82

A ball slam is when you throw a weighted ball into the ground as hard as you can. You extend it over your head fully, and then slam it down. It is a core exercise. If your gym, like mine, doesn't allow those exercises, then do something else. I do decline sit-ups.

9. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

How big a ball?

10. Cuchulain82

20 pounds. That's what the workout means when it says "Ballslams @ 20#"

11. Zandorv1037

Zandorv1037 Valued Member

Wow, that sounds like a pretty good excercise... though I don't think I could do that many pull-ups!!!
    thanks for the link, I'll have to check that site out some time.

12. Cuchulain82

Finally did it

Well, it's been a long time since I first tried Sparrow's dozens (or last tried them, in any case). Tomorrow is my birthday, so I decided to go hard today. I decided to do the worst workout I know, and that is Sparrow's dozens. I decided I wouldn't leave until I'd finished all 12 rounds. Here's what I did:

12 pullups
    12 DL @ 245#
    12 pushups
    12 situps

12 times each

I did it. It was awful. My hands are shot. But I did it. Happy birthday.

Cuch= 1:19:00 (hrs:mins:secs)

13. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Disgusting. :D