Happy Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by g-bells, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Nope,I don't think I ever have actually. :confused:

My 8 year old neice has made 2 cards, one for her "boyfriend" and the other for the boy who she thinks she wants to be her "boyfriend" as he is better looking and funnier than her current "boyfriend"!Anyway, she put on the card "Lots of love from ?????" but then on the back in a heart wrote "Hand Made by Jade" ! My sister pointed out that it isn't really a secret, but Jade said it was ok as he probably won't look at the back anyway. Bless :D

2. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

In my early teens my aunt used to think it was nice to send me a valentines card from "????". Like I didn't know it was her writing :rolleyes:

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

At high school my friend's Dad used to send her one,and I KNEW it was him as he told me,but she denied it and made up a weird imaginary boyfriend instead. Freak! :D That's what happens at all girls schools! :rolleyes:

4. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

I used to send myself cards...oh was that the post man?........ :D

5. Victoria

Valentines day as a teen ay :D

In my teens one of my best friends had made me promise not to date a certain lad she fancied. She sent him a valentines card too. One day she came over and I was a little err under the influence, I tore the card up in her face and admitted he was now my bf :eek:

Does anyone have any valentines disaster stories??

6. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

One Valentine's Day I went to "Cream" at The Pleasure Rooms in Leeds and scored. Not so much a disaster and more stroking my own ego... I thank you... :D

Incidentally, on that same Valentine's Day a housemate went to the cinema with our other housemate. Not so bad I hear you say, well, the other housemate was with going with the boyfriend and the former housemate tagged along as he was bored... Oops... :D

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Not so much disasters, more "rejection" and no cards to be honest :( Call me a late bloomer or something :D

8. Victoria

Cinema with a couple on valentines day? :eek:

I bet you were that housemate weren't you ;)

9. Chimpcheng

Nopes, because I was on some guest list for some poop hot night which turned out to be crappy dance... Sadness. :( On the plus side I scored! Happiness! :)

10. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Keep taking the Fluoxetine V. You will soon forget that part of your past.

11. Victoria

I don't get it :confused: Is that what you take?

12. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I take the better stuff V. Fluoxetine is the more common drug for reclusive depressives and self harmers. But the one I am on is for the serious self harmer/agressive people.

13. Victoria

Probably shouldn't air your laundry in public ;)

And I resent that implication that I'm a reclusive depressive/self harmer!

Ok, Valentines thread, get on topic and spread some luuuuurve :love:

14. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

Big Hugs and kisses to my Favorite Blonde Welsh IT Powered Ass Kicker...

Mwwwwwahhhhh

ps..happy Birthday too

:love: :saz: :love:

15. Victoria

I thought she was ginger not blonde? At least that's what chimp said!

:D

16. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Well how else do you keep your carbon footprint down if you? do not use the outside to dry your clothes? Tumble dryers are so problematic. I had a dryer once. Forgot to remove the bolt from the back of the drum and my entire kitchen went for a spin.

I did not mind that, it make the microwave nice and silky smooth to the touch.

17. Victoria

Will - I think you need a nap

18. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Naaa. Just more sugar and Red bull. And it makes things all shiny. :D

19. Chimpcheng

You've been warned! :D

Seriously though, would anyone really take offence at receiving a VD card virtual or real? :confused:

20. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Depends if they are from you or not, Chimps. ;)

No Valentine's day for me- the bf is in Kansas and I have to cram all day for an exam tomorrow. But, he's coming for a visit this weekend soooooo- I am claiming Saturday as VD 2.0. :p