Happy new year

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Humblebee, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

Happy new year superheroes.

Hi,
    The new year is nearly upon us and I was wondering how you feel about the year ahead.
    How are we going to achieve our goals,How are we going to change our lives?
    What are your goals and dreams?
    I've added this article because it's very good.

Who Are You Going to Be, or Who Are You Really?

Batman, Superman, Spiderman and Iron Man are all superheroes who defy the restrictions of normal everyday people. There is no one in the world who hasn’t fanaticized about being superhuman in one way or another. What is it about superheroes that makes them so appealing to others? Is it the alter-ego, the superhuman strength, being able to leap tall buildings in one jump? The answer is that it is nice to use our imaginations and slip into worlds where our only limitations are our imaginations. The reality is that we all have abilities unrecognized within us. We are all slightly superhuman. For some, seeing a Martial Artist leap through the air and break five boards is not normal. Defending oneself against multiple attackers or even testing for the next belt seems out of reach for many. A Martial Artist is a special breed of individual. Within you are abilities that are untapped: your Martial Arts teacher can help you find the strength to uncover those abilities on a daily basis. There is an old saying: “When the student is ready the teacher will appear.” This saying is as true as it gets. The statement is really saying: “Trust in your instructors and they will take you to heights which are unimaginable.” The Martial Arts may not be able to teach you to fly like Superman, but your instructor can certainly teach you to leap through the air and break a board or do a dive-roll over an obstacle or go from one push-up to 100 in one or two minutes. Within you is the power to achieve greatness! Maybe this year you can dress up like yourself on Halloween, because you are truly a superhero. You are superhuman in many ways. Remember you are what you believe. The only limitations you have are the ones you put on yourself. The next time you are watching Batman, Superman, or Spiderman in a movie, remember you are as unique as they are, but in a slightly different way. Folklore or science fiction is usually based on imagination: in the imagination we have no limitations. Remember you can achieve what you set out to achieve. As a Martial Artist you are truly superhuman.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

i like it. thanks mate and happy new year

3. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Though it may be a day early, ....

Thanks paciFist!

Attached Files:

4. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

I hate the beggining of the new year, it means my kickboxing gym and normal gym (maybe even judo) will be filled with fatties waddling around getting in my way, using the weights I need desperatly trying to lose 15 stone before summer. Then in two months time they will all be gone again. :rolleyes:

5. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

Happy new year to the BIG people.

6. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

And to all the small people too. All in the name of fairness, you understand ;)

7. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Happy new year folks. best wishes for your training.

Bill

8. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

*Evil grin*

Happy New Year everyone!

9. Axelator

WHat about the normal sized people?

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Define normal

11. Matt B

Matt B Valued Member

Pain in the **** isn't it! My work gym is particularly bad for it. I console myself with the thought that they may be gone by March, but they will probably still be paying. All those non-users keep our own membership fees down :D

2009 is going to be a big one for me. My girlfriend and I are buying a house and she's moving down from Bristol. All complicated and stressful already! She wants to get fit once we're in so I'll have chance to do some more exercise in my own time too! My ambition is to burn 5kg of fat by the summer to get me down to 84kg. Realistic i hope!

Happy new year everyone!

12. Axelator

Not abnormal.

I can guess what you're going to ask for a definition of next.

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Nah!:hat:

14. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Happy 2009!