Happy Eid!

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by Johnno, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I wish you a happy Eid, everyone who is celebrating it today. (And a happy Eid tomorrow if you are celebrating it then!)

2. Alex MH

Alex MH Valued Member

Happy Eid to you!

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Happy Eid folks.

I had to google it but now I know there's a Sweet Festival in Islam I might have to convert.

4. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Happy Eid.

I have a friend in Tunisia, she no longer follows Islam but she still does Ramadan and Eid.

I introduced her to the wonderful world of Bacon :)

5. Oldi

Oldi Valued Member

They're good sweets too! I was once given some sticky, orange confectionary of some sort in a Bangladeshi restaurant on Eid. It was excellent although the ingredients were a total mystery.

6. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Eid Mubarak everyone!

Anyone wondering about the sweets, they are primarily made of the good healthy stuff, a crap ton of sugar, honey, flour, milk etc. The orange thing you refer to could be this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laddoo or one of these. "Sweet meats" why meats I'm not sure.

7. Oldi

Oldi Valued Member

I've done a bit of Google-Fu and found the sweets we were given: Jalebi.

Deep fried flour soaked in sugar syrup. So very healthy indeed.

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

They sound like a couple of different Indian sweets which I've had. Either ledoo, which isn't quite as sickly-sweet as most, and which is normally given to friends and family when you have a baby boy; or else gulab jamon, which is REALLY sickly-sweet, like most Indian sweets are.

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I too have a friend who's islamic and she beats herself up everytime she eats bacon (at my urging of course) Bacon should be one of the main food groups.