Hail to ourselves

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by Stolenbjorn, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

:love:

We've had our own WMA-forum for some months now, and I must congratulate us for a very innteresting subforum!
    I try to teach Fiore to 8 students myselves, and plan to add on some Mendoza later on, and thanks to you lot, I'll be able to dig up relevant web-pages, links and tips much easier!

We are all polite and to the point (exept from this thread :rolleyes: ), and this makes it a subforum where I can go and ask questions and for help without having to fear arrogant :bang: -type persons :)

(I'd like to allso tip you with swordforum.com, as it is a very good forum allthough somewhat arrogant :eek: )

2. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

HEAR HEAR
    Its nice being here even though iraley post anything in this subforum, but its nice to lurk here, and know that it is here.
    Actaully I havent ever been on the receiveing end of the arrogance of Swordforum.com and the fwew times I seen arrogance was smoemonths ago.
    Ther is also axeforum.com
    but be careful Axeforumites are kinda on the weird side :rolleyes:
    I really shold start posting my musing on WMA but...ive been lazy with my studies :rolleyes:

3. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

(I'll use this thread in order to avoid making a new one)

I'm just back after a re-enactment-training-weekend in eastern Norway. We were around 100 people, and most of the norwegian groups from southern Norway were present + a nice contigent from some viking-reenacters based in Gøteborg, Sweden. (There were two from Denemark, one from germany, and one from england as well.) The groups represent very different time-periods; we had everything from roman legionares to renissanse knights present! What we all have in comon, is the same rules for fighting.

We had loads of fun, doing sircle-duels, formation-combat in open terrain, trainig cavallery-breaks on formations, closing and opening ranks for own cavallery, and formation-fighting in woods.

I got an axe in my head, but got stitched up at the local hospital, and "cured" myself with some beer, Jegermaister and bathing in a mobile wooden pool that had water warmed up to 30*celcius :D (Fun sitting drunk and naked together with male and female fellow combatants :Angel: )

All in all, I had a very good time, and recomend all WMA-ers (that do weapons) to take a basic security-course and attend training-weekends like this in your respective countries (if such events exist) -or to make sure similar events are organized!