GTA Chinatown Wars

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ad McG, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Great game! Played about 15% now and really into it. The DS is the perfect platform to go back to the bird's eye view format and it works really well. The new bits like drug dealing and stopping the ammunation trucks etc. is implemented brilliantly and I can't put this thing down at the moment. Anyone else played it? It gets 10/10 at Eurogamer who don't give that mark out very often.

2. Ad McG

NOBODY has played this?!? I'm addicted as hell, it's awesome! Old school GTA at it's finest.

3. Blast

Blast Valued Member

I bought it and it's great. I finished the story and I am not playing so much anymore. It's better then my old gta 3 and vice city. It's indeed a great game.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'm glad you both enjoyed it. I sort of had something to do with it you see.
    Nice to know people like your work. :)

5. Ad McG

You worked on this game? It was badass! Completed it ages ago now but it was really cool, definitely one of the best on the DS. The drugs thing annoyed me a bit because I accumulated loads of money/drugs and it never really got me anywhere aside from buying weapons and places and having loads of money left over.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Cool. It got very good reviews which is always nice. We might even win an award or two. :)

7. Burro

Burro Looking for Write answers

I've got the game. Its fun and the storyline is just as epic as GTA 4's.

Hey PASmith, are you involved with Rockstar?

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Maybe. :)

9. Burro

Burro Looking for Write answers

If so, then I just want to say, congratulations on where you guys are today. I'm a huge fan and have been following the franchise since 1997 when the first top-down games came out. You guys are like the Quentin Tarantino of gaming.

Absolutely brilliant dynamics you've pulled off with the series mate. GTA 4 is my favourite, beleivable, modest characters, gritty streets and a vibe so profound, it's like a Scorsese movie :).

I can't wait for The Ballad of Gay Tony. Were you involved with it too? I bet you can't tell me what the soundtrack will be like can you? Haha you guys over at Rockstar always keep things so hush-hush. Otherwise great job on Chinatown Wars mate. Can't wait for a similar project in the future :cool:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009