Greg Nuckols bankrupts online coaches

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by icefield, Mar 24, 2019.

1. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Greg has pretty much bankrupted and ended the careers of on line strength coaches and e book producers with his latest Facebook post.

It will take about 2minutes to read, an hour of telling yourself it's too simple, right before you cry about all the money you wasted on 5,3,1 westside etc and bin them all to follow his advice:

Greg Nuckols

On and this comes from someone who has held three all time world records in powerlifting and writes what are regarded as some of the best programs there have been

2. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I’ve often joked that I’ll make millions with a diet book one day.
    It will consist of 3 pages
    Page 1 eat less
    Page 2 sweat more
    Page 3 repeat

3. icefield

icefield Valued Member

It's the same with conditioning doctor stephen seiler dI'd years of research into how top endurance athletes train and theres no real difficult periodization they train very easy on a number of days, very very hard on a couple of days ramp up the time of training in the off season and reduce when racing .

That's it no fancy difficult scientific periodization.

Seems strength training is similarly easy and we just tend to complicate it,

4. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

In some respects, I think training programmes are harder for serious amateurs than professionals.

Amateur athletes have other pressures to juggle (work, family, etc) and often don’t get dedicated recovery time. This can make their training programmes harder to structure effectively.

5. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I think the root of the problem is that everyone is looking for an easy answer , when in reality , most things just boil down to being sensible and working hard.

6. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Nope we just over think it and think it's harder to plan than it is

We aren't helped by all these on line trainers putting out complicated programmes what Greg wrote is perfect for normal guys because it auto regulates if you are rested your rpe at a 9 is higher than when you tired and over worked

It's intuitive which is how the best strength athletes all train

7. icefield

icefield Valued Member

I don't think it is just that

People are willing to work hard they just over think things because it can't be that easy

But it actually is

8. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

Perhaps it’s easy if you’re solely focused on hypertrophy.

As martial artists, however, we need to balance strength (not simply hypertrophy), power, strength-endurance and various aspects of cardio. Martial arts make demands on all our body’s energy systems.

Add in recovery from work, plus other demands on time and energy, and I don’t think it’s plain sailing to plan the right training programme.

9. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Greg is writing about specifically a strength program and what he writes is almost exactly what mike tuchscherer writes program wise for some of the greatest powerlifters in the ipf.

It's not plain sailing and the more specific aspects you need to work the harder it can be but if you want to build strength it's not as hard as the coaches writing the books make it out, and if you want conditioning it's also not that hard as Dr seiler has pointed out.

And most amateur fighters again over complicate it there is no need to work power endurance if your resting heart rate is above 60 or you can't deadlift twice bodyweight just bringing the former down and the later up will do wonders for you

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Fish Of Doom and Dead_pool like this.
  10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

This is solid gold!

11. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Now if you really want a fully customisable program, well three fully customisable programs from a world class coach and strength athlete you can get a 21 week program for $5... Yes you read that right
    5 whole dollars
    Greg Nuckols