Greetings from Systema Spetsnaz (Russian Martial Art)!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by russiancombat, Sep 19, 2014.

1. russiancombat

russiancombat Valued Member

HI,

I'd like to introduce our school here!

Systema Spetsnaz is a martial art of Russian special forces that was adapted for civilians. It includes harsh striking techniques and soft internal energy exercises with the final goal of reaching the highest mastery of martial arts: No Contact Combat.

Traditional self-defense methods were utilized along with the modern sciences of physics, mechanics, and psychology, including meditation techniques using internal energy to take down an attacker without touching him. This martial art system teaches how to use only 25% physical strength and 75% natural flow of internal energy.

[​IMG]

The roots of Systema Spetsnaz date to the 10th century, developed by Cossacks, Russian Warriors. Traditional training methods are utilized with modern concepts of combat. Systema Spetsnaz is based on scientific approach and is adaptable for bodyguards, police, security or civilian self-defense training.

Vadim Starov is the president and Chief Instructor of the International training center Systema Spetsnaz Russian Hand to Hand Combat. Starov Vadim was born in Russia, in the family of military tradition. His father was an officer of the Russian Army.

Out Youtube Channel - Link removed

If you have any questions about our style - would be glad to answer!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

You won't sell that no contact bollocks here I'm afraid.

Also using my powers of ESP I can foresee you having lots of red appearing in your post soon.

However before that let's play.

What internal energy?

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Lol your eyes are brown you're so full of systema.

4. philosoraptor

If it's scientific why is it based on magic, fairy dust and flim flammery? If you think it is honestly true, I challenge you to go to an MMA school and perform your techniques during sparring. Please videotape.

5. russiancombat

I'm not selling anything or trying to prove or compare martial arts or play any games. I just want to introduce our school here.

Internal Energy is the power that comes within your body, not just your physical strength, it's the power that you generate from transferring your body weight and redirecting it in a proper way through you fist or point of contact (striking point).

6. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

philo...

pfffttt......mma is sport dude. sport, with sports rules. systema is for reality, no rules reality.

7. Dean Winchester

First you are spamming your site, simple as that.

So you say "internal energy" whilst the rest of the world just says body mechanics.

So with your definition in mind how is that used for taking someone down without touching them?

This is what you said in your first post.

"Traditional self-defense methods were utilized along with the modern sciences of physics, mechanics, and psychology, including meditation techniques using internal energy to take down an attacker without touching him. This martial art system teaches how to use only 25% physical strength and 75% natural flow of internal energy."

To be honest that doesn't sound like you are describing body mechanics, which is basically what you are on about in the quote at the top of my post. That very much sounds like you are taking about something very different.

Even if it is only body mechanics how do you differentiate between the 25% and 75% and where have those numbers come from?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

russiancombat, welcome to MAP.

I'm afraid we don't allow links back to personal sites.

9. russiancombat

With all my respect, there are a lot of videos on YouTube already where different people are using internal power, but if you don't believe or never experience it, then you'll b e in denial, no matter who or what will say or video tape it.

No Contact Combat is not a magic - it's a hard work. It's very easy to criticize. How about being open minded and discover the natural power that comes within you?

10. russiancombat

Thank you!

11. Dean Winchester

He was being sarcastic.

12. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Welcome, I like Systema's training methodology about training in various locations and environmental conditions, but it loses me at the whole no touch stuff, and I'm a long time internal Martial Arts guy so......

13. Dean Winchester

How about answering some questions in a direct manner?

How does no contact work?

How does it relate to what you describe as internal energy?

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

No touch combat is utter crap man.

15. russiancombat

In a small text, no contact combat is a combination of knowledge of physical fighting + knowledge of human anatomy (mostly joins and how the brain gets the signals and gives back the specific reaction) + knowledge of psychology (NLP, effect mirror etc.) + Internal Energy (mediation and proper breathing, including reiki energy).

And number comes from each person and situation, depending on your experience and experience of your opponent. You are the one who will decide how much physical power and internal power do you need. 25%/75% is the most common.

I see you really like idea of "superpower" although trying to prove that it's not real.

Again, there is no magic - it's a hard work, its a Martial Art mastery that come with years of practice!

16. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

A 'Systema guy' came to our club a few years back, offering up his time for a little show and tell of his style, claiming he could withstand the impact of a front kick, by internally absorbing the energy of the strike...

...Which resulted in him getting kicked clear across the room, not once, but twice, as he claimed he was not 'prepared' enough the 1st time, so excuse me if I remain skeptical.

Skeptical, but always willing to be proved wrong - Welcome to MAP

Regards,

Travess

17. philosoraptor

Guys I just invented a new martial art, it uses the force. With the force you can push and pull objects, even shoot lightening out of my fingertips. But it's based on science. Trust me.

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No contact combat is an oxymoron and doesnt work on anyone who doesnt believe in it

That alone should clue you in

19. philosoraptor

Being a Jedi is hardwork too! You gotta run around with a green muppet on your back! Against a resistant opponent, never seen a no touch takedown. Make it happen.

20. russiancombat

We are not a "Systema", we're "Systema Spetsnaz" - the combat of Russian Special Forces.

Are we here to compare Martial Arts? Every martial art has its masters and beginners who likes to claim that they are masters. We are here to exchange knowledge and teach each other to sharpen our combat skills by sharing our knowledge.

I'm just offering to consider our system. It's really up to you if you like it and can see how it might improve your style - great! If not - then thanks for checking out.