Green smoothies?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by u6s68, Sep 8, 2014.

1. u6s68

u6s68 Valued Member

Anybody make these? They see extremely nutritious but wondered if anyone had any experience with them?

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Check out the NutriBullet.

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I do green smoothies. I've found that if I mix too many different colours I just end up with brown soup, especially if I leave it few hours before drinking it.
    So I have kale and spinach as a base, avocado or 'nana to thicken, white grapes and blueberries (despite the name they don't carry much colour, a pre-mixed, pre-crushed seed and nut mix and maybe a yogurt and some whey protein powder to pep up the taste.
    Honestly I've not noticed any great change in energy levels or how I feel having these sorts of smoothies but I do take some comfort knowing I'm getting more good stuff than I did without them.

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

How was your butt after your first few regular doses of spinach and flax? :p

5. u6s68

u6s68 Valued Member

That unit looks awesome but I went with a Magimix blender.

6. u6s68

u6s68 Valued Member

Do you have a powerful blender? Are you making your own recipes or finding them online?

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Shapely and attractive as always.
    Regular as clockwork too. :)

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've got a nutribullet too. Saw the infomercials while feeding my kid at 3 in the morning.
    I basically follow the nutribullet recipes where some sort of green is the basis and then add some berries, fruit etc.
    I buy all sorts of stuff and just play with it. Papaya, kiwi, watermelon, pineapple, chard, frozen berry mix, walnuts, olive oil, raw eggs, etc.
    Sometimes they don't taste that nice but I view them as basically medicine.
    Some taste great though. They taste best when fresh. Sometimes I'll take one to work for lunch and they lose taste in the hours until I drink them I find

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've got some pointers on smoothies from watching Gracie videos.
    I watched this video and now do my avocados just like Rener does (from about 4 minutes in). :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0K1xOcJbg0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0K1xOcJbg0[/ame]

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That sandwich is actually pretty tasty too! I cook my own Kale chips with seas salt and garlic and use them fresh from the oven

11. u6s68

u6s68 Valued Member

Hmm may give it a go with peanut butter.

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Use Almond butter - trust me!

13. u6s68

u6s68 Valued Member

Fair enough.

14. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i love kale chips. easiest thing in the world to make: put kale pieces on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, add salt, bake until crispy. i make a couple batches per week and use them as snacks at work even.

15. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i have just a standard blender, not a cheap one, but does do a very good job for whatever i use it for, including blended soups, and do occasionally make green smoothies. i mostly make your classic yogurt/milk/fruit smoothies, but occasionally make the green ones too. what's the advantage of a nutri-bullet? like a real advantage, not just marketing, because the nutri bullet just seems like a blender with hyper-marketing.

16. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Kale is SOOOOO excellent for you... I HATE it though. I made some kale chips the other day... they weren't terrible... but I couldn't eat to many. I will have to put it into a green smoothie and add A LOT of good fruits to help cover up the taste... *vomit*

17. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Sorry guys but Green Smoothie to me means Avacado Milkshake... used to eat at least 3 a week at the local VIet cafe with a Bun Mi and perhaps a three bean drink!! Soo good!! Avacados have more vitamins than almost any other vegetable other than...

wait for it...

the potato!!

So have a velvety smooth Avacado milkshake on me!!

LFD

18. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Yep, excellent benefits with those http://www.integrativecanceranswers.com/20-reasons-to-eat-avodados/#.VEcqFcvD_qA