"Grandmaster" Jae Jeannotte

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by JTMS, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Krav is just a load of bollocks.

2. warrior monk1

warrior monk1 Banned Banned

Boy what a tough crowd i,am going back to Facebook. please don,t break your arm patting yourself on the back.

3. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Oh poor Sensei-Sifu, I'm sorry no one agrees with you.

This has been entertaining.

Seriously I hope you are not teaching actual students and even worse children.

Good luck with the DVDs and books

4. warrior monk1

warrior monk1 Banned Banned

this site should be shut down only little children on it. real men don,t bully others! who give,s any of you the right to think your so bad God will punish you. did you see Ali?? his brain is toast from all those blows to the head. Traditional martial arts was designed to teach people how to fight without fighting. go get your brain smashed like Ali and your family can call you a potato head.It,s called Parkinson Disease .

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Thread temporarily closed for a clean up.

6. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Little update: our "friend" decided to register two new accounts in his "girlfriend's" name after an admin warning. All three accounts are now permanently banned, and the IP address has been blacklisted.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Thanks Aegis, thread now open.

8. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Anyhow... I presume we are back "on topic" and looking for information on GM Jae Jeanotte, right?

(And I hope people realize that basing their perceptions of a martial art on one or two posters of various merit may not be the most accurate thing to do... there are lots of threads on this forum on Hapkido as a 'modern art' and in self defense training- there is even room for some new threads and conversations :) ).

9. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

I get the feeling he will be back...

Call it ninja magic :)

10. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Perhaps, but unless he knows how to change his IP address he at least can't post from home any more.

11. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I doubt very much whether anyone will do that. It never even crossed my mind.

That guy would be a nut job regardless of the art he studied. I mean, in his parting hissy fit he wished Parkinson's on little children! He's barking mad.

You post good stuff Thomas, IMHO. Hapkido is lucky to have you :)

12. iron_ox

iron_ox Jungki Kwan Midwest

Hello Thomas, and everyone else,

Back to the topic at hand.

Considering the FOUNDER of Hapkido never used 10th dans, its unlikely to find a way to get one.

As for Master Mike W. giving out a fifth dan during the last week of his life, Ihighly doubt that.

He held a dan testing from his hospital bed, but those were for students at his school.

AS for rank from Klaus Shumacher, 11th dan extraordinaire - who has almost no verifiable rank in Hapkido at all...maybe he wrote him a piece of paper, but it carries no weight!

13. jitz

jitz New Member

What was the founders rank?

14. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

The founder of Hapkido? His rank is "founder".

15. jitz

jitz New Member

So....He never received a rank from another art? The founder of Judo received Menkyo in a Ryu of Jujitsu. He had proof that he trained. So, I ask again, what was the founders "rank" or "schooling" in? What is the rank he held called? Anyone can be the "founder" of anything but there should be a paper trail. Thank you.

16. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Well im not sure anyone knows what/how much he learned from Sokaku Takeda-sensei, unless someone better educated on the subject could chime in?

17. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i don't believe choi yung sool ever claimed any rank in drajj.

the founders of judo and hapkido are not really comparable, are they? different time and places and circumstances. and, doesn't really seem relevant in this thread which is questioning another's supposed hapkido ranking.

18. jitz

jitz New Member

I think it is relevant do to the fact that people are questioning others supposed rank in Hapkido when the founder had no rank in any art when he founded this art. It is no skin off my nose do to the fact I never trained in the art, but I did train in Aiki-Jujitsu as a kid so I know Hapkido is kind of a sloppy version of that.

My point is that the same people that cut down people that claim to be something they are not are the same people that yell the loudest in support of a founder which claims to have trained in an art that has no record of him training in.

19. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

unless you can pinpoint exactly where choi claimed drajj rank, then you have no point. claiming you trained in something is totally different than claiming ranking in that art. also, choi never claimed to be teaching drajj (and if i'm wrong here, someone please let me know).

20. jitz

jitz New Member

I can not pinpoint anything. That is my point. He has no history or rank to found his art so any one that obtained rank or claim rank are the same.