Grading next week!

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Unreal Combat, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

My instructor contacted me earlier tonight asking me if I want to take my first grading for Kickboxing next week. If I pass the grading sessions I will be advancing by two belts.

So I am currently working on my technique, brushing up on my knowledge so far before I get my head into the grading test.

Any serious tips or advice would be much welcomed.

Wish me luck!

2. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

Relax and enjoy it, listen and do as you are asked. If you were not ready he wouldn't have asked you to grade.

3. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

good luck bud :)

4. Unreal Combat

Thanks for the luck. I passed!

So I have now advanced two grades and I am currently waiting for my certificates! :D

5. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Congrats mate, that's great to hear!

6. Unreal Combat

7. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

congrats you :)

8. Unreal Combat

Thankyou! :D

9. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Congrats UC :) You don't train under Ian Harrison do you?

Mitch

10. Unreal Combat

Sorry Mitch, I didn't notice this had been posted in.

No I don't train under Ian Harrison. My trainers name is Shaun though I'm not sure of his last name (I've never asked actually). He was the trainer of Ricky Gammon back when he used to kickbox (I believe Ricky fights out of Roughhouse now in MMA). The club is called St George Kickboxing and is based in Hucknall.

11. Unreal Combat

And now it's official. My certificates have arrived.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

GOOD STUFF MAN! Congrats!

13. Unreal Combat

Thankyou! :)

14. Bigmikey

Had I known you could pulverize me with a foot I'd have been MUCH nicer to you. Wanna be best friends? :eek:

:D

15. Unreal Combat

I was unaware you had ever been mean to me, if you was then it certainly wasn't bad enough for me to remember, haha.

16. Bigmikey

;) we can still be best friends though if ya wanna. I have cool aide... jus sayin...

17. Unreal Combat

I don't think we have cool aide in the UK. ;)

I have no issue with being anyones friend, lol. :)

18. Bigmikey

NO COOL AID??? For real? Oh man... you, sir, have missed out on a LOT of needless toothrot... shame on you...

:D

19. Unreal Combat

I don't have many teeth left as it is, haha.

20. Hive

Hive Valued Member

Thought I'd hijack this thread rather than make a new one.

Had my first grading on Sunday at the Sanshou (Chinese kickboxing) class I've been going to since October. To my surprise, having gotten no heads up prior, I was required to break boards using randomly assigned kicks. Although I successfully broke it when asked to roundhouse, I failed to break the damn thing using a front kick, despite being given 5 attempts. So although I failed (and bruised the Fucus vesiculosus out of my foot), I'm to re-attempt the front kick in tonight's class. Hopefully I pull it off.

Anyway, when I mentioned this to my sparring buddy, he was surprised that we were required to break boards, citing them it as a dangerous (to the toes) and an outdated practice. Is that the case? Is it a common feature or a rare thing these days. Am just curious as to what the general consensus is from you forum whores :)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013