Gotchs Bible

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Gripfighter, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Knoxy

Knoxy Undisputed and Undefeated

I survived! However I might be more sweat than man now; and some of those press ups may have been in the down position for too long.

As waring to other people wanting to try this; make sure you shuffle the deck well or you maybe be forced to do 38 press ups in a row. ( Ace-2-3-4-5-6-7)

2. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

was it just regular press ups or hindu's and half moons

3. Knoxy

The ridiculously long chain was just regular press ups. I couldn't figure out what was quite going on with the jumping squats and half moon press ups; so I replaced the half moon press ups with regular ones and Jumping squats with just some lunges.

4. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

by your profile pic im guessing your a Judoka ? half moons and hindu's are the perfect body weight exercises for Judo trust me it would be worth the time to try and figure them out.

5. Knoxy

Judo and Freestyle wrestling mostly. I was planning on learning the half moons and the jumping squats eventually, I just figured I'd start out with something I know so I wouldn't give up/make excuses due to the new exercises, If that makes sense?

Quite a nice workout. I think I might use it if I miss a training session. Might work as a good incentive to go and train.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I did a much watered down version of this with my kids class tonight. They're only 9-12 years old so we started with cards up to 7, face value and alternated them with 2 laps of the gym. Press ups, jump squats, squat thrusts and sit ups, with the kids taking it in turns to read out the cards. We had 4 jokers for 10 of each exercise too.

They loved it :D

Next time we'll leave more cards in, they handled it quite easily. So for folks reading this don't just think of it as a killer workout, play around with it and it's very versatile, even a junior group will enjoy it.

Mitch

7. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

gonna do this on saturday as my metcon work - great thread guys!

8. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

let us no how long it took you mate.

9. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

i did something similar for military prep out of a royal marine readiness book.

had DOMS for a week - no joke. after my deadlift day i dont know if ill even get through it!

10. luke2052

luke2052 New Member

Wait- so I can scrap my lousy workout and do this instead?

Prob is I can hardly do 20 reps of Push ups before my neck starts trembling! I really want to strengthen my core , what's a martial artist without a solid core!

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Just do what you can - you never do more than 11 push-ups at any one time if you remove the jokers

12. luke2052

luke2052 New Member

Great :D I'll give it a shot today, I can't believe I'm excited

13. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

We used a variant on this to great effect in class last night as a warmup. We had pushups, crunches and two using the weapon: squats with the longsword held at shoulder height pointing outward as if you'd just completed a thrust, and a "sword crunch": lying down, feet and head off the floor: extend the sword over your head parallel to the floor, without letting it touch the floor, then bring it forward while bringing your knees together to your midsection and put the hilt first on the left side of the knees, then to the right. That's one rep. If the sword touches the ground, the rep doesn't count.

Everyone really enjoyed it. Of course we got a joker followed by a face card for sword crunches for triple reps.

Best regards,

-Mark