Goodbye Lumpini

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by shootodog, Feb 7, 2014.

1. shootodog

shootodog restless native

The house that Diesel Noi built will finally close it's doors forever. "Lumpini Boxing Stadium will open to the public for the last day on Friday."

End of an era for Muay Thai at Lumpini

Diesel Noir should symbolically lock Lumpini's doors forever.

2. shootodog

On a personal note, my wife loved watching Muay Thai here back in the day. I never thought that she would enjoy watching Muay. I had a blast. Goodbye Lumpini! Thanks for the memories.

3. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Wait it's not closing it's just moving right?

4. shootodog

Yes but it's not the same. Lumpini was at the heart of BKK. The new one will bigger, maybe better, but it won't be the same.

5. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

I don't know about anybody else but I have been to Thailand myself and although I didn't get to go to lumpini myself I did get to see some rural kickboxing exhibitions, I'm sure the heart and soul of the sport won't change and if the venue improves it will only be for the better I think we should all be really excited about what's to come.

6. jaggernautico

jaggernautico Valued Member

spent a lot of fun sweaty nights going to fights at Lumpini. There is a ton of history there that the new one will take a long time to build and i doubt it will ever match the great champs that fought and earned their belts there during the golden era of muay thai in that original place.