Good TKD Movies?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by WorldChampTKD, Nov 25, 2003.

1. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

Hey all,
    I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good TKD or even just Martial Arts movies that I need to see. They don't have to be like all Bruce Lee style or anything, I mean I like the Karate Kid, lol. I just wanna see more martial arts, especially TKD related movies. Any ideas?

2. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Ummm... Bruce Lee was Jeet Kune Do, for TKD find Chuck Noris videos. The quality might be debatable as the "movie version" of martial arts are differet from the "real deal".

3. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

I know Bruce Lee was Jeet Kune Do...all i meant was that I'm not looking for just martial art movies, I wanna see movies with martial arts in them, Thanks for recomending Chuck Norris, I've seen sidekicks (lol, that's what I'm talking about) but I havent seen any other ones. I'll check em out. I dont care about the movie martial arts thing, i know a lot of it is kind of cheesey, but I enjoy the movies. Thanks again, talk to ya later.

4. Nerevar

Hehe, remember the movie where Bruce lee Kicks Chuck Noris, Then Tears off some cheast hair!!!:D Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

5. Soete-tsuki

Soete-tsuki New Member

Return of the Dragon

6. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Drunken master, it's top. The Bad guy is Hwang Jang Lee, he does Kung Fu, but it looked like TKD to me, totally fly.

and the good guy is Jackie Chan, sort of. The character is a bit of an A-hole really.

lots of drunken boxing tomfoolery.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  7. Yang Dae-han

Yang Dae-han Realising the 'edit'

If you want more than just kicks, 'Best of the Best (1)' has a decent story line with known actors. Also, actually has TKD in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096913/

Cheers,

Dae-han

8. Cain

Cain New Member

Return of the dragon - If you don't have this, SHAME on you! :D

I'd recommend -

Fearless hyena, Jackie Chan

Simply the good ol' cheesy kung fu movie, there's a heck of a lot of comedy, some a bit silly

But the fights are very entertaining, the stick fight with James Tien, a chopsick fight, the training etc the last fights are very long and good, I would definitelyrecommend it!!!

The himalayan - Ten Tao Ling [or something like that]

This one is fantastic, the hero's kicks just can't be missed, kicks like a pro, has excellent leg balance, he's an instructor of TKD in real life.

The training scenes can be sometimes be boring but the fights and plot are definitely above average

Once upon a time in china - Jet Li

Loads of acrobatics, limber hips the lot, a must have for Jet Li fans!

Also look out for movies starring Yuen Biao like the pordigal son, knockabout, Project A etc, the guy's known for his flexibility and acrobatics!

If I remember any good one I will get back to you :D

|Cain|

9. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

10. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

TKD Movies??

Well if you can locate it....

"When Taekwondo Strikes" ..... classic 1973 film on DVD or VHS from Crash cinema, staring none other than Jhoon Rhee and Angela Mao. The picture quality isn't too good due to Golden Harvest not looking after the master print, ... reminiscint of the early 1970s Kung Fu films revolution.

11. captainmoomoo

captainmoomoo Valued Member

My favourite is Fist of Legend, with Jet Lee. It's a remake of Bruce Lee's Fist of Fury - it is WIKID!

12. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Some of my favorites:

"Billy Jack" for Hapkido
    end of "Lethal Weapon (1)" was pretty good
    "Hunted" - lousy movie but really good fight scenes
    "Passenger 57" - Wesley Snipe's fight scenes are usually really good.
    again "Best of the Best" for TKD
    "Perfect Weapon" pretty decent fight scenes...
    I'll try to think of some others.

13. Darkflames21

Darkflames21 New Member

Check out Tai Chi starring Jet LI. Its a good moive. Also Kickboxer starring Jean Claude Van Dam. Two great MA movies.

14. Nerevar

KUNG POW ENTER THE FIST!!!! Muahahahahahahahahahaha! Fighting a Cow! I like big butts and i cannot lie! Mahahahahahahaha (no)

15. Taeho

Taeho New Member

One of my favs...

My 3 yr old daughter walks around the house saying "Enter the cow, baby" a quote from the DVD menu...lol

TKDshane Ÿ

16. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Transporter

The "Transporter", especially in the 'deleted' scenes ahs some of the neatest and most bruatl fighting I've seen in a video.... highly recommended!

17. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

18. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

I know there's an old film from the 70's called when taekwon do strikes - Grandmaster Rhee is in it. Have never actually watched it but check it out on IMDB.com

19. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

As mentioned, the whole Best of the Best series features taekwondo and hapkido. Performed by (if I'm not mistaken) former Olympic taekwondo competitors Phillip and Simon Rhee. (I know it's the Rhees; less sure about the Olympic thing.)

I've seen When Taekwondo Strikes. Not a bad flick.

Look for stuff with Loren Avedon as well. The movies are atrocious. (That's not a criticism in my opinion. :) ) But Avedon is an accomplished taekwondoka, and it shows. Look for King of the Kickboxers (him versus taekwondoka Billy Blanks) and No Retreat, No Surrender 2 (him and Cynthia Rothrock versus Matthias Hues and Hwang Jang Lee, the aforementioned Korean superkicker).

Stuart

20. inbuninbu

inbuninbu "Train hard, fight easy"

Hong Kong Legends

I love The Prodigal Son, also the first Matrix and the two Bourne films (Identity and Supremacy). As a rough guide for finding good MA movies stick to anything emblazoned with that stamp of excellence, "Hong Kong Legends." In this collection you will find all the archetypal MA movies as well as some unknown but equally good films. They are online too, just go Google. :D