Good quality expandable baton?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by mewtwo55555, Aug 21, 2014.

1. mewtwo55555

mewtwo55555 Valued Member

So I have bought-en expandable batons in the past they have been the 20-40 dollar cheap ones. I am looking for a high quality one that wont warp or bend by hitting it a little bit in practice and also by opening and closing it. I went to ASP's website but you have to be a police officer or such to buy them. Anyone know of any good high quality expandable batons one can buy without having to be a police officer or such?

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

In which country?

3. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Not the UK ...we dont use dollars ....yet..

4. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

I've heard good things about Monadnock. I broke Schrade one on a kick shield in the academy and I'm not a big dude so I wouldn't recommend them. I've heard similar stories about ASP ones and they don't have any significantly different design features that I'm aware of.

The Monadnock ones seem sturdier and have a more reliable locking system than the friction-lock ones like ASP. So if given a choice, that's the brand I'd go with.

Out of curiosity, why do you want one? Nothing wrong with owning one but the purpose will dictate the design features and appropriate price range to some extent.

5. mewtwo55555

mewtwo55555 Valued Member

Practicing martial arts forms and such. Im looking for one that can be opened and closed alot and also take some light hitting on some targets. the "el cheapo" brand ones i have had after opening and closing them for a couple of months bent or broke and didnt work anymore.

I like useing my rattan escrima stick for forms but I also like the "wow" factor of the expandable baton.

6. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

I have tried all of them and frankly love the ASP. I'm not saying any other ones are bad but the ASP certainly is my preference!