Good new from Orthopedist

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Guitar Nado, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

So today I had a Orthopedist appointment because I have had very bad heel pain in one foot for 3 months, and also moderate pain in one knee off an on for a year or more. I should have went earlier about the knee.

Turns out the heel is Plantar Faciitis (which I suspected), and ice and stretches and heel gels were suggested. The knee is basically fine, but he prescribed some physical therapy to do strengthening of one of the tendons. Suggested ice for various swelling, etc. and to wear a over the counter knee brace during training.

The good new is he said I am cool to keep doing all the stuff I am doing, which I was a little worried about with the knee going in.

I think long dog walks with bad shoes was the original source of the heel pain, and MA training made it worse somewhat (being up on the balls of my feet really can get painful after extended times on that foot). I think the knee pain is originally from me being stupid and trying to chronically over do one particular kick in kung fu class. I have since corrected these behaviors.