Good Muay Thai Clubs in Melbourne Australia?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Sang, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Sang

Sang Valued Member

Hi,

I just moved to Melbourne 4 weeks ago and I'm looking for a good Muay Thai club. Any recommendations?

Cheers.

Sang

2. Gong_Sau_Rick

Gong_Sau_Rick ultimate WSL nutrider

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Try to find a club that does real Muay Thai not Western Muay Thai,one way you can tell is does the class spend a fair ammount of time teaching clinchwork or Plam,real Muay Thai bouts in Thailand in spend a lot of time in clinching from rnd 2 onwards usually,so use this as guideline to finding a decent gym,dont accept Muay Thai aerobics as the real thing,if you cant find one save up go to Thailand learn come back and show your friends the real thing:).

4. liero

liero Valued Member

i believe the 'hammer' a commentator from fox sports just opened his own gym.
    they were saying that JWP and a few other trainers would be coming down to teach.

address is www.hammersgym.com.au or somthing similar.

otherwise i can give you the name of some awesome TKD schools in vic:)

5. Sang

Sang Valued Member

Thanks, Hammers Gym is not too far away from my work so I'll have to check it out soon. Awesome TKD schools in Vic would be good, cheers.

6. CriticalCond

CriticalCond New Member

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  7. gelalsapahal

gelalsapahal New Member

hether its popular styles such as Karate, Taekwondo, Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Thai Boxing, Kung Fu or more specific ones, such as Tiger Crane Kung Fu, Boshido or Tai Chi Chuan - you will find them on our database. For each style, detailed descriptions of training, techniques, forms and patterns are given in text, graphics and instructional videos as well as in depth research on history, origins, philosophy, grading systems and legend.

Information is available on a huge range of styles within the resource pages of this site. We are continually updating these pages and growing our database every day, which also includes our directory on a range of carefully selected resources. On the social pages you can also connect with other Martial Artists, establish yourself in the martial arts industry by communicating with others. It's free and easy to join and you can instantly socialize with Martial Artists all over the world, from Masters to beginners. The chances are that you will find members you already know from clubs, meetings, championships etc.http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=10599830

8. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Yeah just be careful where you train because whilst australia has quite a good thai boxing scene, its still very much oxing orientated and has a very western mentality as evidenced by JWP's apparent "win" over Yod recently.

Whilst some gyms in thailand do have a good focus on boxing, it's a good template in western countries to look for a gym that focuses on, as fire cobra said, clinch, teeps and dtehs. chances are in the west, if you go to a gym that has a heavy focus on boxing then they're not really a complete thai boxing gym.

9. kingc699

kingc699 Valued Member

Go to Hammers Gym in Blackburn as stated above, great Muay Thai training there, cant go wrong.

10. muay-thai-boy

muay-thai-boy Valued Member

I also recommend Hammers Gym, fantastic instructors and great facilities