Good MA, when in a wheelchair...

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by Kata-Kid, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

That's the right attitude! Don't ever ever ever give up!!

2. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

I don't think you should be too focused on finding an instructor in a particular style, you'd probably be better off looking for an instructor who has particular expertise in training students with physical disabilities, such as BentMonk.

There are a number of organisations in the UK run by disabled althletes to help people like yourself get back into sports, I don't think that Denmark will be significantly different in that respect. Contacting one of those organisations may be the best place to start.

As far as I know most countries in the EU have legislation to ensure that public services are accessible for the disabled, the chances are that there is someone within you local leisure services who's role is to ensure that individuals in your position have full access to a range of leisure activities. If you contact your local leisure centre, they'll at least point you in the right direction, and may be able to offer you something specifically tailored to your needs.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  3. BentMonk

BentMonk Valued Member

Here If You Need Me

Kata-Kid - I know we're too far apart to meet in person, but if there is ever a question I can answer, or anything else I can do to help you in your training, please do not hesitate to ask. That's why we're here. :)