Good Kung Fu.

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Collins1922, Jul 16, 2011.

1. melb

melb Banned Banned

No my mistake just some weird jumps made..before this thread gets locked can you tell me why you need to knwo who I train with? Sure you buy stuff from the net but doesnt mean you need to tell everyone who you are just cos they dont know...

2. melb

melb Banned Banned

hehe...yeah I went nuts there and then realized...

3. melb

melb Banned Banned

I just wish someone would actually break some

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Mel...do you sometimes come round and realise you've "lost time"?
    Just read those last three posts.
    Do they make ANY sense to you? Because...they don't to me.

5. melb

melb Banned Banned

nope i accept total responsibility for having those meaningless posts

6. melb

melb Banned Banned

Its just that I get so bored because no one can actually talk fighting except to say my teacher does this and I train under him so....

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Because it's such a simple thing. Just a name. That's all.
    And yet you continually avoid it under some missaprehension that's it's some sort of hard man competition.
    And I find that weird and slightly untrustworthy.

You tell us and we can't find him and/or know him = No change
    You tell us and we can find him and/or know him = No real change but your credibility here will go up a few notches.

Either way you come out of it better IMHO.

8. melb

melb Banned Banned

nope but I still know how to talk about WC and fighting in general..and I bet that doesnt fit with your way of thinking about things?

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Your posts would suggest otherwise. I can barely follow them TBH.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I am always talking about it!!!

11. icefield

icefield Valued Member

the reason people ask for your sifus names is because of your unique take on fighting.............we want to try to understand (if its possible) where you are coming from..........

12. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Do you know what a user profile is? Can you operate the link in my signature? Have you actually read anything I've posted about what I practice? Have you seen any of the videos of myself that I have posted in response to things you've asked of me?

You assume I'm an MT guy because when you say craziness, I call you on it.
    This is not a styles problem. It's a training methods problem and, for you, apparently a mental problem.

It's glaringly obvious to anyone who has seen me move that I've never spent a day practicing Muay Thai. I'm a sambist. You've been told this.

13. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

If you're not wearing gloves and you're not wrestling, you're not sparring effectively/realistically, this is what people mean when they talk about "not sparring".

14. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

umm.....yes.......if you're serious about self defence then you have to train all phases of combat.

15. melb

melb Banned Banned

Sorry Ratty, not sure why I assumed you did MT. Let me see if I can find something on youtube we can talk about...

16. melb

melb Banned Banned

After a lot of trawling I found this (sorry to once again bring it back to WC for those that are sick of it)..

"That's because the primary purpose of Wing Chun is to defend yourself ON THE STREETS. Think of school fights or bar fights. What usually leads up to the confrontation?

They tend to be:
    1) aggressive attitude (what the hell!?)
    2) anger/pride ("you wanna fight?! I'm gonna f**k you up!" and pumps their chest out and gets real close to you and intimidate you).

In cases like these, Wing Chun works very well because
    1) Wing Chun is a close-range art. So close, it's practically near grappling range.
    2) those street thugs/delinquents already put themselves in range for Wing Chun attacks. Not only that but they open themselves up - no hand guard up since they're too busy trying to intimidate you with size.

Wing Chun is very difficult to successfully use in the ring. The main reason is because Wing Chun is not distance fighting. Boxing, TKD, Muay Thai, they all try to keep their opponents far away from them, and only close enough to be in range to attack their opponents with long-range strikes.

If Wing Chun is a close-range art, what use will it be if the practitioner cannot get in close? So it's important to learn distance fighting to understand how to make Wing Chun work in such situations.

That's why most people claim that it doesn't work. Most practitioners don't understand distance fighting.

The key thing is that Wing Chun must be practiced correctly, which is that the practitioner should try to adhere to the principles as much as possible. Learning technique after technique, or counter after counter, is only going to get you so far before you hit a dead end. But to apply to practitioners of other martial arts, you must understand how distance fighting works."

Well I thought this sounded fair enough..If you learn how to fight through sparring you have got the distance fighting as this guy puts it covered. In my experience the hard part is to get out of this distance range and in close where you can do WC. Like it or not, nearly every person alive likes to hang out of range and feel safe. And it takes a long time (contrary to popular opinion) to learn how to fight in close. Once you get in close youre about 0.876 seconds away from the end of the fight. WC is about fighting in a range where you can get hit. Too many styles emphasize the range where you can feel safe. If you spend the time necessary (years) to be comfortable in close you can shut the people who prance around down very easily. Go for th elbow, pin it and keep the pressure on. Before the guy knows whats happening youve pinned his arm and are punching him with the other..all he can do is throw his one remaining arm out but if youve gone to the outside he cant reach you.....why isnt something as simple as this common knowledge? Because 1. people dont train to fight and if they do, they put big ass gloves on. 2. They look at MMA and make the inference that they are the people/style to emulate for your average working joe who wants to defend himself on ---------------------the street. and 3. Many ma teachers are ****s. They have no humility whatsover. How many people have trained in a place where theres a kind of mystique around the head honcho? MA is a very personal thing and requires a lot of discussion and close contact. Way too many so called MA training places deny their students that ability to ask questions and the ability to get close and personal. Isnt a real fight about getting close and personal? No wonder that the vast majority of MA are about keeping the distance.

17. melb

melb Banned Banned

I know I go on about 'go for the elbow' but thats the way i fight. The elbows are naturally by the sides, they travel at a much slower speed than a punch and if you watch them, you work out whats gonna happen much earlier. In a real fight you dont have gloves..you can actually use those hands that make us so superior to every other living creature. Seen a monkeys hands compared to a humans? Does it make sense to smother them in gloves and fight in a ring and then nope this is the best we're gonna get...keep fighting like you got gloves on. There are a huge number of people out there whod like nothing better but there are other people who are gonna be there to stop ya

18. melb

melb Banned Banned

I know I go on about 'go for the elbow' but thats the way i fight. The elbows are naturally by the sides, they travel at a much slower speed than a punch and if you watch them, you work out whats gonna happen much earlier. In a real fight you dont have gloves..you can actually use those hands that make us so superior to every other living creature. Seen a monkeys hands compared to a humans? Does it make sense to smother them in gloves and fight in a ring and then nope this is the best we're gonna get...keep fighting like you got gloves on. There are a huge number of people out there whod like nothing better but there are other people who are gonna be there to stop ya

19. melb

melb Banned Banned

20. melb

melb Banned Banned