Good H+F Books

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BoxBabaX, Jun 27, 2005.

1. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Ive been looking to buy some books to keep me busy, and was wondering what would be some good choices. I have heard of Ross Enamait and his warrior books to be good, as well as the books from the hardgainer.com website. Any other recommendations? Im mainly looking to increase my knowledge on different aspects of weight training/ fitness. Scientific is also good if thats an issue.

2. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

3. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Thanks for your input mr rollins ;)

4. Colucci

Oh, you're funny. :rolleyes: Funn...nnyyy.

5. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

nah seriously :D. From the ground up is strictly an e-book though right? or is there a way of getting a hard copy? ive never heard of charles staley, hm maybe ill get one of his.

6. Colucci

As far as I know, "Ground Up" and "Physically Incorrect" are both only e-books.

Staley's site is www.integratedsportsolutions.com He helped to develop the Martial Arts Conditioning curriculum for the I.S.S.A., and he knows his stuff in and out. He's got a handful of articles at t-nation.com. He definitely way high on my list of "guys to learn from".

7. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

thanks for your help man :D

8. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was funny

9. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Get Enamait's books asap.
    Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness.
    Read my review!

10. nobelt

nobelt Valued Member

Beyond Brawn by Stuart McRobert is good just about finished reading it just a couple more pages. Was a very good read full of information and isnt the usual stuff u get in magazines but is aimed at the genetically average person that is not suited to conventional elite bodybuilding routines. And it is also by the same bloke u did the hardgainer series u mentioned.

11. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Oops....:D

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  12. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

way to bring a thread back from the dead razor :). lol Yeah i know which books are good now :D

13. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I think in the near future you will know a LOT more books that are good. I've got a little article up my sleeve which lists and gives comments on the best (and worst) books out there IMO, and an absolute plethora of links and online resources for you to peruse :)

14. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

well adam, how far up your sleeve is it? :D

15. Ad McG

It's not far from falling out the end :D

16. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

eh, not much i can say to that i guess lol. tell me when you post it ;)

17. Ad McG

I'm pretty sure you will notice it mate :)

18. lukaz_

lukaz_ Valued Member

The naked warrior.....

Any know if The Naked Warrior by Pavel is a good book?

19. Ad McG

It's okay, but is mostly an instructional on how to do 1arm press ups and pistol squats and how to brace like a powerlifter - information that is online for free.

Might do some more work on the book list tomorrow guys! Will be posted this week anyway :)

20. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

adam, what thread is ur new sig from? :D