Goals 2013

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Princess Haru, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I was inspired by the latest post on Ross Training about goals, not just Eric Thomas, the guy who did 50 pullups and 50 pushups consecutively, setting a long term challenge, and CT Fletcher. I've also heard Dan John talk about on one of his videos: winning the day, to ask if you have some goals in mind when training, in MA or whatever else you do?

2. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

My lifting goals are:

Squat 136.4kg
    Bench 84kg
    Dead 120kg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  3. Lockjaw

Lockjaw Killing you softly

Stand like a tree for two hours every day.

This posture is in Tai Chi. It is considered to be the most powerful of all the tai chi (taiji) and qigong (chi kung) postures, and is often used as a separate exercise to increase leg strength, concentration, deep breathing and chi (qi) flow.

4. Vitty

Vitty Valued Member

My weight goal is to get around 94 kg (207 lb).
    MA goal is to strengthen my kicks and build my cardio, work on my spinning kicks, become a state champion and don't get KO'd :D.
    Lifting goals are nothing specific, just build my upper body to be able to lift a decent amount.

5. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

to finally get that goddamn fricking 80kg overhead press
    to have my squat catch up to my deadlift (140kgx2)
    to have my deadlift leave the squat behind again
    to achieve a 100kg clean and jerk (28.5kg to go!).

6. Princess Haru

Are you sure about those numbers? I've never met anyone or even heard of anyone who could bench more than they could deadlift or squat

7. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Attached Files:

8. Princess Haru

Is that shorts or a skirt? lol

9. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

You are right, I did mess up those numbers. I switched to Pounds, and put kg.. hurrdurr

10. Princess Haru

I haven't decided on mine yet, some ideas....

Swimming: There is a pool at my current gym, so once I get some kit I hope to get back into the water and do some lengths

Running: Maybe when it get's warmer I will go back to doing 5-10k runs once a week

Stretching: I've noticed some tightness particularly around hip flexor and hamstrings and should be putting a bit of time as it would help with, well everything.

Weights: 1RMs - Bench Press 60kg, Overhead Press 45kg, Clean & Press 50kg, Front Squat 65kg, One Arm DB Floor Press 25kg, KB Clean & Press 20kg

Bodyweight: Pushups 40, Pullups 4, Chinups 10, Plank 4 mins, Handstand

Judo: improve Juji Gatame, Ashi Waza, Renzoku Waza, competition?

11. querist

querist MAP Resident Linguist?

My main goal is to lose weight (I've dropped a stone in the past 5 weeks) and make it to all of the classes offered at my kwoon. It's hard to put other goals on my martial arts training because much of it depends on when Sifu thinks I'm ready to move onward. I've just learned Chum Kiu and he started me on the Wooden Dummy form. I train 8 hours / week, 6 in actual classes and 2 more-or-less on my own during the children's class (which is in a different room) while my son is in the children's class.

12. benkei

benkei Valued Member

Get rid of the last couple % bodyfat to be under 10%.
    Get back to lifting my old numbers on the big 3
    Work on a more "busy" judo game
    Hitting 1000 uchi komi each week on my 4 chosen throws

13. TheLongRoad

TheLongRoad Valued Member

This is a great thread idea, maybe we can all come back in a couple months and update on progress.

Goals by my birthday:

Run at least 5k for time.
    Get below 205 lbs.
    5 No kip muscleup.
    Work on my handstand.
    1 Strict form one handed pushup.

That's all I got for now, if I make all that I'll consider this one hell of a year. 6 months, totally doable.

14. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Goal: keep improving both in physical shape and in my M.A.

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I dont have set in stone goals. I'm happy just lifting and trying to break barriers but I understand it is slow going. I benched (repped) 90kg but now for some reason I'm struggling at 70kg..so I'm slowly building up to it again.

I have discussed going back up to +90kg in weight (I walk around at 86kg). This is so I can take full advantage in assisting local culinary businesses. :D

If I have anymore potential boxing bouts (or any other bouts) I will go back down to 84kg. There was initial talk of me getting down to 80kg but that'll take some serious planning.