Glossary

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Chazz, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

I was looking at the glossary and reading over the words and i got lost.

Example:
    Age-uchi = rising strike

It doesnt say what language it is, what style, or anything. Is there any way that we can add to this and make it where we can tell what it is that we are reading.

Such as:

Hana = The number one - Korean

Dobak = Uniform - Korean, Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do

2. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

You just trying to make work for me Chazz :D

Cooler

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Chazz, I have always felt that forums that contained a "Glossary" section ... was merely for the benefit of those members who may not be familiar with a certain term that may appear within discussion in a certain post. Say we were discussing "hyung" in the Korean forum.... and someone goes to look up the word not knowing what it mean't. They will find that it is another term (in this case Korean) for kata or form.
    ... so in this case the "glossary" is somewhat of a dictionary within the context of the forum in which that certain term appeared ... hmm, understand?

....just trying to lessen Jack's load here:D

4. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Yeah i know what its there for but if someone is starting out and are looking for, lets say korean terms, then they would get lost fast.

Ive seen two or three work that mean front kick, but if ive just started out in TKD i wouldnt know what one was the korean word.

Not try'n to give more work jack, just see'n if i can make something better.