Glasgow Duellists moving home.

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by Polar Bear, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Well it's finally happened. We have officially out grown our home at Partick Borough Halls. so as a result we are moving to a new facility but boy what a facility did we get. As of the 1st of March the Glasgow Company of Duellists are moving to the Palace of Arts, Bellahouston Park, Glasgow.
    Your going to be sick with the facilities we get.
    Showers, changing rooms, lockers, cafe with free internet, large training area (with glass walls so public can watch safely), outdoor lounge area. Can host national events now. Also we can expand our club up to 30 members now over the next year.

And it looks like this!

[​IMG]

The Bear.

2. RAbid Hamster

RAbid Hamster Herr Trubelmacher

wow, wish I was a member of your club!

3. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

You got ousted remember. The evil bear seized control and now has moved to club out of the west end where you'll never find it, muhahahaha.

please note that the rabid hamster is still the treasurer of the Glasgow Company of Duellists, a post held since the club's inception. Rumours of his death have been greatly exaggerated, although I believe he has turned slightly elvish since taking up archery.

The Bear.

4. RAbid Hamster

Dont you step on ma blue suede bow case!

5. Dallanach

Dallanach New Member

R'H',
    Don't provoke him [the bear], as I couldn't face having one of the main fighters walking around in a blue suede gambeson (that he bought just to out-do you!)! :) Plus he may just bring it out as the club gear - when he sees how fetching it looks!? :confused:

D

6. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

Congrats

7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

mind if I visit sometime.

PBH has lovely sticky out wall lights that are not resistant to Oak staffs, cost me a bottle of malt for the jannies last time I was there. Bit more room at POA.

8. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Your always welcome Dougie.

The Bear.

9. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Well we had our first session in the new hall.
    It is fantastic. We had 10 swords there and could easily train 20 in the space. We also picked up a prospective new student as they walked by. Loads of people were watching what we were doing. A good first step to bringing HEMA to mainstream martial community.

The Bear.

10. RAbid Hamster

technically we had 9 swords and an invalid ... but it was a very pretty hall.
    for those of you not there its a rectangular hall about 60' long and 40' wide (as a guesstimate)with the 2 long sides made of full floor to ceiling glass, pine floors, 30 spotlights and lots of cool air.

11. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

Feh.

My club meets in my garage. I just moved in all of my gear (which is still disorganized and half just sitting on the floor), got two new mats (still in the boxes), and still have to store tools and such. At the moment, 4 guys swinging cutlasses is tight!

In other words... I hate you. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. RAbid Hamster

Kirk
    we can fit you and your mates in as well! :jester:

13. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

I can just see trying to sell the idea to the guys, "The space is GREAT, but the commute is a bit harsh." :p

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. RAbid Hamster

there's a curry house across the road from the hall and we throw a great night out (roistering and carousing a speciality)!

15. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

Well, I do love good curry...

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

16. Lucius

Lucius Valued Member

Are you in the glass room behind Reception then?
    Nice location! Though it gets pretty hot in the Summer.

What nights are you on? I occasionally drop by the POA for Judo on a Monday or Thursday night, so you might see me with my nose pressed up against your window at somoe point.

17. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Yeah we're in the Goldfish bowl. It's ok as long as you open the door to the courtyard.
    The class is on Sundays 3-5. Your more than welcome to pop along.

The Bear.

18. Jjf88

Jjf88 Valued Member

Very lucky. The Palace Of Arts is a great place to train any sport in.