Gladiator School

Discussion in 'Other Martial Arts Articles' started by Darren Laur, Aug 16, 2003.

1. goatnipples2002

goatnipples2002 someone tryin 2 learn

I guess you have your opinion. but I'm a twit because I explained the attitude that is in prison. I hope I meet you 1 day and you have the same attitude. I went to prison and it wasn't fun or like Oz, all I was trying to do was give some insight. People get super tough over the internet, but how do you handle yourself in street combat? That's what I was trying to say so **** off. And all the stuff I said in earlier posts is the attitude of inmates.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2003
  2. Cain

Cain New Member

:D

|Cain|

3. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Firstly, I seriously doubt if you'd ever really been to prison. The only ring that seems to matter to you has not curbs but buttons ;)

4. goatnipples2002

Think what you want. I WISH I never did go I'd be able to get a job. Can't even work at the dollar general until it's been 5 years from my conviction date. I don't even get pulled over like regular people. I could careless what you think of me, I only wish what you said is true. I was just giving some insight.

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Lets lighten up the tone a bit guys... your ruining a perfectly good discussion by bickering

6. snailfist

snailfist Valued Member

My thoughts exactly.

7. Zazen

Zazen New Member

Just curious... why under the armpit only? Is that area of the ribcage weaker than the rest? Why not the upper back if you want to penetrate into the lung?

I think thats true for most people, trained and untrained. It's easy to forget everything you've learned and going into a primal rage. It takes alot of self control and training.

8. xubis

xubis New Member

HAHA, nice one ;)

9. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

Goatnipples should be thanked. He probably gets enough cr*p for being an ex-con.

Prison is hard, especially if you are a young offender. All thise ego's flying around are'nt pretty.

The level of violence varies from jail to jail, from country to country, all of it is transfered from the street and back again.

An excellent insight from Mr. Luar. I have read many of his articles and recommend you do the same.

Budo.

10. shuyun3

shuyun3 Shugyosha

thanks it's very valuable to me for the book i'm writing

11. goatnipples2002

good lookin out.:D

12. wayne-o

wayne-o New Member

"bust there head to the "white meat" (gray matter). God gave me 5 tools for solving problems, 2 hands 2 feet and 1 brain. Nothing in that says talk it out"

lol.....i'm laughing because it's not funny, but true.

Great thread Darren, do you work in Kingston, Ontario by chance?

Thanks.

13. enlwlffo

enlwlffo New Member

"bust there head to the "white meat" (gray matter). God gave me 5 tools for solving problems, 2 hands 2 feet and 1 brain. Nothing in that says talk it out"
    im loving this comment,
    so many school teachers, principals have fed me that line "violence is never the answer"
    i want them to get cornered into a real life situation and then come back to me if they're alive and tell me how their conversation with their attacker's fist went

14. goatnipples2002

Never in my year of being on this site have so many people agreed with anything I have said like you guys. It brings tears to my eye.

15. Jim

Jim New Member

Shuyun3, make sure you give full tribute in your bibliography... ;)

GN2002, I think KE roasted you because he thought you were messing around here. Your username doesn't help that thought process... ;)

Wayne-O, Darren does live and work there. I think you may find his website link in his bio. Else, do a search on his name on yahoo and you'll get it.

16. valetudo74

valetudo74 Master of Ching Ching POW

It's always an interesting and informative read about prison fighting.

A while back, I had read some articles done on 52 Handblocks, which is prison fighting system developed by African slaves in the Southeastern United States penal system. There are various names for the fighting style aside from 52 Handblocks, depending on what part of the country and prison you're in. It's largely popular on the East Coast of the U.S. however. Today it has evolved into a very lethal form of fighting.

I'm curious to see if the author of this thread, or goatnipples, have come across this fighting style in prison?

17. goatnipples2002

The name goatnipples is a joke. my real name is goatman or goatface killa. Long story don't ask. I have never heard of that style of fighting, but I would imagine it has something to do with close quarters combat, hand held weapon training, and body mechanics. No matter what they teach if they don't implt the philosophy of striking and defending at the same time i usually won't listen. Techniques which are based around this philosophy tend to be far more effective and effecient.

18. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'd still argue that people with real (i.e. sport) training would probably fair better..

19. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

Fair better than whom? And why is that?

Budo.

20. valetudo74

valetudo74 Master of Ching Ching POW

The whole point of 52 Handblocks is demolish the opponent, period. The only way that guys train in this style is through full contact application. You don't perform one-step patterns, you actually go all out when training. This is the only way you learn the art from day one.