Get a real Sak Yant in Bangkok

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by k1ckboxer, Sep 24, 2014.

1. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

Just wanted to pass on some information, as I spent ages trying to find somewhere decent to get a Yant done before my holiday in Thailand and found it so difficult..
    I wanted the real deal not just something similar from a tattoo parlour in Phuket. Finally after allot of searching I found someone who could fix me up.
    So if you’re planning a trip to bkk and want a real Yant done by a monk who studied Sak Yant then please have a look at this webpage. The process involves a British guide who collects you from you hotel and acts the interpreter. He ensures the complete experience is magical but he’s not just after a quick buck he wants the whole thing to be special for you. Not only will you receive a Yant of your choice you also get the special blessing and lots of photos to remember the occasion.
    I personally found this whole experience made my holiday and could honestly say it’s worth the flight just to get this alone done.
    Anyway have a read of this website especially the testimonials.
    I have nothing to gain from writing purely wanted to pass on the word nothing more..
    Thanks
    If you have any question then feel free to pm me.

Link removed

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

I'm afraid MAP isn't here to promote other people's websites, so I've had to remove the link.

In addition your PM service wont be activated until you have more posts under your belt.

3. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

Hi Simon,
    Although i understand why you have removed the website link its just a shame as not looking to promote anyone only spreading the word with no personal gain to myself.
    Also i have 60 posts under my belt so hopefully my PM will work alright.

Thanks

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Sak Yant, is that some kind of Thai circumcision?

5. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

6. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

No, they are protection prayer tattoos. I have a tattoo based on a sak yant on my back, though it's not a proper one. I like the design, but I don't believe in magic etc, so I'm not going to pay well over a thousand pounds just to get one done by a monk, lol.

7. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

Hi Unreal, i didn't pay anywhere near that for mine mate! If you believe the magic or not i found it an amazing experience all the same and have a nice looking Yant also.

8. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

No disrespect intended but i'm still laughing at this.

Baza

9. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

You got a free plane ticket?

By the time you've paid for your flights, train tickets to the airport, accommodation, travel to and from places, etc, and then for your actual tattoo, I doubt it would be far off.

It would be one of those things to do while you're out there doing other things, like training at a camp, etc, but not something I would fly out there specifically for. I don't hold any beliefs in regard to the spiritual side of things so it would be meaningless other than looking nice.

As much as I like Muay Thai, and Thai culture, I'm not that heavily into it.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  10. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

No was that way anyway at a training camp :)
    and yer i get what your saying and thats what i did.

11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I'm also looking at getting a Sak Yant at some point. Just need to decide on space/design and of course...money.

12. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

well when you get things sorted Mushroom that guys worth a look. cheers