German Longsword, Messer, Dagger and Spear clip

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by Langenschwert, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

2. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Nice! Thanks!

3. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Very nice. Loved the messer (grosse messer?) stuff. So fluid.

4. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

Thanks for the inspiring clips!
    I know just enough longsword, wrestling and 1h sword to appreciate the level of drilling required to reach this level of fluidity

5. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

Me too. I'm soon going to start working on Leckuchner's messer stuff in the next few months.

I'm still kind of foggy where the messer/grossemesser/langenmesser/kriegsmesser divisions are. ;) Kind of like the division between a ******* sword and a longsword. All ******* swords are longswords, but not the other the way 'round. :)

Best regards,

-Mark

6. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

Yeah, that messer winding is pretty wild. I almost giggled like a schoolgirl when I saw it. That's a lot of work represented in those few seconds. I've only watched it 46 times today. ;)

Best regards,

-Mark

7. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter

Nice Demo, good to see some of the techniques repeated from different camera angles!

Louie

8. RAbid Hamster

RAbid Hamster Herr Trubelmacher

top stuff indeed.

9. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

Good stuff. Nicely done.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

I think Ive seen a video a while back done by the same people.
    In anycase, I loved seeing the windings being but I could almost feel that some of the longsword windings werent done with the intent for the first strike to land but to merely demonstrate the windings.
    The dagger, messer, and spear just made me feel faint. They got that stuff down to were it just beautiful.

And im stuck without my gear, still, I hate waiting for things to come in the post.

11. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Excellent stuff. The spear and dagger are almost identical to our training in the makotokai. I would have said that in swordwork the main difference is the triangular kamae and entry we emphasise YET there it was all there.!!!!!

great stuff guys.

regards koyo

12. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Nice stuff there.

Rather unique techniques here and there. I did like the messer techniques particularly.

Some of the unarmed dagger defences and wrestling had a great similarity to Japanese jujutsu, but wrestling is wrestling, anywhere you go it is similar in format more or less apart from certain emphases.

13. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

14. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

The more of these videos I watch, the more I like HEMA. This is really cool stuff.
    Those hats, on the other hand.... well, I can see why they wen out of fashion.

15. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Heck I want to get one and wear it around town with a pair of jeans.

16. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

I just want to know what they're keeping under the hats. I bet they're hiding something... ;)

Best regards,

-Mark