George Ho, Wirral

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by firetripper, Mar 17, 2007.

1. firetripper

firetripper Valued Member

Hi all does anyone know of or even trains at one of George Ho's schools/classes on the Wirral.

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

He's the Hung Gar guy who was on "Chinese Masters of Kung Fu" yeah? Seemed to really know his stuuf.

3. suiloong

suiloong Valued Member

Hi Ben

Can you please tell me what was "Chinese Masters of Kung Fu"?

Was it a TV show or something?

Cheers

David

4. Ben Gash CLF

It was a collection of features that VMA released on video maybe 8 years ago. It had Ang Kee Kong, Michael Tse,George Ho, Jeremy Yau, Edmund Ng, a master Lee of 7*mantis and Ip Chun

5. suiloong

suiloong Valued Member

Hi Sifu Ben

Thanks for this.
    I remember this range, I actually bought one as it had my cousin's Sifu on it.

Cheers

David

6. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

If I recall right, aren't Edmund Ng's arms like thick as treetrunks?

7. Ben Gash CLF

He's a pretty solidly built guy. His daughter's quite cute though ;)

8. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Edmund Ng is my Si Fu and sadly for you Ben his daughter is now married. :D

Incidentally, once upon a time I was round the back of a stage practicing my staff form before my demo. Anyway, unbeknown to me George Ho was sneaking up behind me with the Mayor and Mayoress of Newcastle.

Suffice it to say, with their sneakery I almost knocked them all clean out.

Best of all, he fixed me with a mean stare and pointed at me. :D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  9. Bujinkan83

Bujinkan83 Valued Member

sifu ang kee kong is my teacher

10. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

Sifu Ho looked smart on that video - I am even more interested now. Does no-one know anything about him?

11. SpikedJuice

SpikedJuice New Member

Hi all!

I know it's a very late reply, but George Ho has been continually teaching on the Wirral.

More information about him can be found here:

(links removed due to ToS)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
  12. SpikedJuice

SpikedJuice New Member

Ack - didn't know I was breaking the rules by posting the links, but you can find more information on George Ho by doing a Google search for his name and "kung fu"

I train with him and have been for the past 2 and half years. He regularly holds classes every week in Birkenhead, on the Wirral.

I believe George Ho is a well respected Hung Gar master. He's been practicing Kung Fu for over 40 Years. His main teacher was Sifu Lam Jo, nephew of Lam Sai Wing who was a student of the famous Wong Fei Hung. He also studied other styles such as Wing Chun, with Yip Man in Hong Kong, as well as Choy Lay Fut, Loong Ying (Dragon Style), White Crane, Nan Kuen (Southern Fist), Mantis, Chin Na and Chuang Chuan.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  13. Ben Gash CLF

I think if it would have been at the time they'd have let it go, but a 5 year old necro is probably stretching the rules about advertising.