[Generic Introduction Thread Title]

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Dempsey Roll, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Dempsey Roll

Dempsey Roll King of Breakdance

Hey. I'll probably be spending more time on here as I progress in my martial art, so I might as well introduce myself. My name's Ethan and I'm 16.

I've been wrestling for the past three years and recently (past year or two) I've become interested in branching out into other martial arts. I'm pretty athletic and, honestly, I've really enjoyed my training so far. I guess you could call what I'm doing MMA, though it doesn't involve much groundfighting and the striking is essentially TKD with influences from muy thai, kickboxing and karate. I've only been going for around two weeks now, but my instructors are already talking about having me test for yellow belt sometime soon. It seems kinda' fast to me, especially since everyone else at my school's had to train for around two months to get theirs. Maybe it's just because I'm already fit and I've known most of this basic stuff for quite a while now. I enjoy sports and physical activity in general and when I'm interested in a particular subject I tend to do alot of outside research on it. Because of that I've done some research into things like weight training, plyometrics, cardiovascular training, ect. Outside of that I really like to play video games. Not exactly abnormal for a 16 year old guy, though I probably take it more seriously than most people. I'm a very competitive person, so while I play for fun I play to win. I've won a not insignificant amount of money at tournaments, ect, so if anyone ever wants some tips, I'm your man.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Sounds like you'll fit right in. Welcome to MAP

3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

yeh welcome mate :)

4. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

welcome!

5. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

How do you spar in your TKD classes?

6. Dempsey Roll

Dempsey Roll King of Breakdance

No idea. The school only opened a couple of months ago so everyone's either a white belt or yellow belt, and the instructor says he's not going to do any sparring until at least blue/green belt. He mentioned that there wouldn't be any hand strikes to the face, but that's as far as my knowledge goes.

7. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Welcome to MAP!